Question of the Day - January 2nd

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone planning a vacation this year?

I'll take time off work, but I won't be going anywhere...paying a pet sitter for all these critters would be more expensive than the actual vaca!!

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would love to go away! BF and I normally go on a 4 day vacation in Feb/March. Not sure about this year since money is tight.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe a trip this summer to the Wisconsin Dells, other than that, nothing much!
We go home to my parents' about every 2nd weekend in the summer so thats a little vacation for us which is nice
We go camping at their permenant spot w/ their camper & its lakeside so its a nice getaway!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually spend a week at a lake cottage with my family in July. I'd love to go back to Mackinac island for a weekend for our 1yr anniversary but I doubt we will... expenses and all that. We'll probably plan a camping trip for a long weekend. What's funny is I have something like 15 vacation days to use so I'll probably take several long weekends and just enjoy the time off at home.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No official plans for a vacation. I'm hoping my sister comes home to visit for my parents' 50th anniversary. I'd take some time off then. I'll probably take some time off this summer when my friend comes up from North Carolina in June. Maybe some weekend getaways. Yeah, I have a boring life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

No official plans for a vacation. I'm hoping my sister comes home to visit for my parents' 50th anniversary. I'd take some time off then. I'll probably take some time off this summer when my friend comes up from North Carolina in June. Maybe some weekend getaways. Yeah, I have a boring life.
Not boring at all! You know what I did on my vacation last year? Worked at my other job
now THAT is boring!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really planning one yet but we've been talking about going to Chattanooga again for a Volkswagen show and swap meet. We went in 2006 and had so much fun.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nope I dont think Im going anywhere. I might be able to go for a weekend trip this summer to visit my parents. But we will have to wait and see.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
George and I went to Mexico 3 years ago and ended up buying a time share in Cabo. I promised him when we went to Cabo it would be to relax and relax we did.
You have to understand that I really love to see every site when I travel and George is the worst tourist. So, Jen, our daughter and I, have been to Europe 5x in the last 10 years. She is such a trouper and we saw so much! The only time that she complained was when it was National Museum day in Paris and we went to the Lourve and the Orsay museums in the same day.
This past summer, I went with George to Salzburg, Munich (I have relatives there) and Vienna on the time share exchange. About three days in Salzburg, he started to complain. I told him in no uncertain terms that if he complained once more I was going to travel on my own. Had a lovely vacation after that.
This year it will be Cabo in June again for us.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sigh - no vacations planned. Hard to travel since the accident last year.

Originally Posted by babyharley

Maybe a trip this summer to the Wisconsin Dells, other than that, nothing much!
We go home to my parents' about every 2nd weekend in the summer so thats a little vacation for us which is nice
We go camping at their permenant spot w/ their camper & its lakeside so its a nice getaway!
We were there in 1978 - did the ducks and boat trips.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Dells have changed quite a bit since 1978!!!!

My sis gave be Michael Buble tickets for March-in Virginia were she lives!! So Neil and are might go and spend a couple days in DC however I have to find someone for the cats (a couple people in mind) But I have lots of plant seedlings at this time and those will need to be taken care of too.

Neil talking about going to Europe (finally!!) but nothing firm yet.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm not sure. We would love to go back to the Keys again. Knowing my FIL he will buy us the tickets. Feeding ourselves is the most expensive part of the trip. Definately no big trips for us.

FIL said that once he retires he is taking everyone on a trip to Las Vegas but with a road trip included. He keeps changing his mind when he wants to retire though.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hopefully, Jess and I will be spending some time in RI this summer. Her grandmother passed in August, and she wants her ashes scattered on the beach in Narragansett. Their family is planning some time there to do that, and we'd like to be there, as well. We went for a weekend last year, and it's absolutely gorgeous.

We also may go to visit a friend of ours in Florida this winter at some point. She's doing an internship down there, and she's invited us to come see her. That would be great!

I love to travel, and I take every opportunity I can get!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Hey, shouldn't we be planning a 2008 MI meetup?!
I vaguely remember something about peeing in the woods & sleeping in tents at Crittergirl's this time.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m not sure if it will actually happen because I planned to do this last year and didn`t.

I really want to go on a 2 week safari in Africa
My brother said he will go with me which is great because he`s done a lot of traveling so I wont get lost. It`s just a case of planning when to go, who to book with, injections...and saving up! I`ve saved quite a bit already but Kitty needs his teeth doing so we will be saving hard.

Really hope we see cheetahs!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two vacations this year.

Rob and I are going on our honeymoon cruise from February 16 - 24 (and driving to Port Canaveral, Florida on the 15th after work). It goes to Nassau, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas.

We are also driving to Standish, Maine in September for his cousin's wedding. (His family on his mom's side live in Maine)

And we are also taking off February 5 and 6 from work since it's our wedding day and the day after. A mini-vacation before the cruise.

Next year we are driving all the way from South Carolina to Colorado for his great-grandma's 100th birthday!