Have you ever used this.....would you??? RegCure

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ran a free scan because I know my computer has many problems. The scan results: 756 corruptions!!!!!!

The program is called RegCure and it is supposed to help restore corruptions and what-not in your computer.

Here's the link
http://www.regcure.com/index.aspx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

does it fix them once they find them or is it one of those that scans for free but you have to buy the software to fix the problems it finds?
Yeah sorry, I forgot to add that. It scans for free, but you have to pay for it to fix the issues.

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
try spybot search and destroy instead. It is freeware. Completely and totally free. I use it on the recomendation of my friend who fixes computers for a living. I wouldn't trust any free search program that you have pay to get the fix for the problems. It is in the best interest of the scan program to find a lot of things wrong. Just my opinion.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yo have to watch what those clean.
you could be removing stuff from your registy that you need.
lol i have had to restore more then one friends computer who just let delete stuff. If in doubt look it up on the web or ask before you let anythign remove files and stuff

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not all of them are always 'bad' files so be careful deleting everything. Check the file names and see if they are attached to something you use on your computer first!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just be aware that RegClean and Spybot do two different things.

RegClean will go through your registry and delete items that may have been missed during installs and uninstalls. You have to be very careful when dealing with the Registry because you can disable currently working programs as well as your operating system. Before proceeding with a registry cleaner, be sure you do a back up of your system and registry.

Spybot looks for programs that are spyware. These programs tend to hijack your browser and cause all sorts of problems by downloading ads and keeps track of what your browser is doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I will play it safe and not use the software. I can't afford to loose something important!

Thanks everyone for all the posts!!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

yo have to watch what those clean.
you could be removing stuff from your registy that you need.
lol i have had to restore more then one friends computer who just let delete stuff. If in doubt look it up on the web or ask before you let anythign remove files and stuff
My experience, also!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had good luck with CCleaner....
http://www.ccleaner.com/

I also use my an anti-virus/windows defender/windows firewall and last but not least....
Secunia PSI
https://psi.secunia.com/

All free...

I don't run all of them at the same time, they protect different areas of my computer.
I agree with all of the above cautions.