Hoarding over the water bowl.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's starting to worry me a bit. The last 3 to 4 days I've come across my Skye just laying next to her water bowl. I make sure it's always full with fresh water and every morning I give it a good rinse out. Also I've been noticing when I clean her litter box there is more urine than poop. Could this be a sign of something like that I need to take her to the vet or is she just really thirsty?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be kidney or diabetes problems. How old is Syke? Would be best to get a senior panel at the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She isn't even a year yet. I'd say 7 months.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SkyeCat0117

It's starting to worry me a bit. The last 3 to 4 days I've come across my Skye just laying next to her water bowl. I make sure it's always full with fresh water and every morning I give it a good rinse out. Also I've been noticing when I clean her litter box there is more urine than poop. Could this be a sign of something like that I need to take her to the vet or is she just really thirsty?
I agree, better safe then sorry. Let us know how it turns out. Try to take a urine sample in too when you go in if you can.

marysmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Get the kitty to the vet ASAP. Bring along the names of all food and treats that you have given her to eat.
Also include lot dates and exp dates and report this info to the vet.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like Kidney or Diabetis. My Cat with Kidney Problems drinks alot of water. It could be a infection too. Coco drinks alot with her Bladder Infection. You need to go to the Vet.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks I will definitely be making a call tomorrow. I need the peace of mind.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree - a vet visit is in order. I personally doubt it has much to do with what you are feeding but have the info ready should the vet ask for it.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Went to the vet this morning. Skye was running a bit of a fever but when they did the urinalysis it turned out to be a UTI. Came home with some pretty pink antibiotics and a very unhappy kitty. But luckily it's just that and nothing more serious.

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww poor Skye. Hope she feels better soon. At least you were able to find out about the UTI before it got worse. Good mommy detective work!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When your home all the time with your furbaby you notice their patterns. My SO thought it was cuz we moved her water bowl into our room. But I knew something was up. I'm just glad it was that and not something more serious. She did however loose a tooth while we were there

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SkyeCat0117

When your home all the time with your furbaby you notice their patterns. My SO thought it was cuz we moved her water bowl into our room. But I knew something was up. I'm just glad it was that and not something more serious. She did however loose a tooth while we were there
Oh how cute, the Kitty Tooth Fairy can come! I'm so glad that was all it was.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
awww i have always found at least 1 tooth from the little furbabies i have had since a kid but squishy kitten is the first one i have not found a tooth for. I am a little silly on those kinds of treasures.