Make rings fit better?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey my ring finally came in today. I love it. But there is one issue I thought I was a size 7 (thats what I ordered) but apparently I am a size 6 (or 6 1/2). I have already checked the site and they don't sale this ring in that size. So exchanging it is out of the question but I will email to be sure. Isn't there a sizer or something you can buy to make a ring fit better. If so does anyone know the name of such an item.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it is a quality ring, you can take it to any jeweller and have it re-sized (I have my dad's wedding band and had it made smaller for my finger).

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

If it is a quality ring, you can take it to any jeweller and have it re-sized (I have my dad's wedding band and had it made smaller for my finger).
A jeweler can resize for you..I am unaware of any tool that you can use to do it yourself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just called a store in town. There is something called a ring snuggie I can buy to make a better fit. I would take it to a jeweler but this does not even sound like metal.

Oh and I just emailed avon about an exchange but I am not hopeful. They don't have a size 6 listed for this ring.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until the store gets some more in I have tape around the band. When the snuggies come in I am gonna go get a pack or 2.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I called Avon and they do have it in a size 6. So I am getting it exchanged and get this I get to keep the ring I already have.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Well I called Avon and they do have it in a size 6. So I am getting it exchanged and get this I get to keep the ring I already have.
Wow! What a deal!

I used to sell Avon and I don't remember them being so nice. In fact because of my selling experience with them I won't even buy their products anymore.

Glad it all worked out for you. I don't know if I said so in your other thread when you posted a picture, but it's a beautiful looking ring. So much of their jewelery is very stylish and eye catching. I still have some pieces that my Mom bought from over 35 years ago.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Natalie. I u sed to sale for them as well but I have not bought anything in about 4 years. I was surprised as well. But on the back of the invoice it says you may not have to return the product just call them to find out.

Yeah I think a lot of their rings and jewelry is nice. They have some other ones in there this campaign that look nice as well.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FYI for future the rize sizers 'snuglies" come in plastic and metal I prefer metal

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have to put those ring snuggies on my rings because my fingers are a size 5 and its really hard to get them in that size. If I had any rings that were actually nice, I would just get them resized.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walmart sells ring guards in the jewelry department. They are rubber things that go around the ring. It used it for my engagement ring for months. They are pretty cheap too.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

FYI for future the rize sizers 'snuglies" come in plastic and metal I prefer metal
I prefer metal too, but I found out I'm allergic to most metal ring sizers...so I had to get the walmart plastic ones...they do work.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a plastic ring "snugger" once. I didn't care for it. It pinches your skin sometimes. I would just go to a small jeweler and get it resized. It shouldn't be very expensive because you are getting it smaller. Whenever I get a ring sized smaller or get any sort of work I always ask for the left over gold back. Sometimes jewelers keep it and don't take anything off your bill