Thank you, Nature's Miracle! (a/k/a The Joy of Being A Cat Slave)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, yesterday, I think I pretty much experienced all the joys of being a cat slave.

First, I woke up to find that SOMEONE had peed on the floor between the litterboxes and the water fountain. (I suspect Penny and a territorial spat over litterboxes rather than a health issue, but I'm watching carefully.)

Thank you, Nature's Miracle.

Much later in the day, I had the pleasure of stepping - barefooted, of course - into some nice, wet, sloppy, squishy cat puke on a rug in the kitchen.

That was fun.
Again, thank you, Nature's Miracle.

But the best, the absolute BEST, was toward the end of the evening, as I was making up my bed with brand new, micro-plush fuzzy & warm sheets (in a nice beige color,) Max decided that my day was not going to be complete until he had given me a hand - or a paw, as it were.

I had JUST finished smoothing out the wrinkles and tucking in the edges of the fitted sheet, when up Max jumped to walk across the foot of my bed. The only reason I noticed so quickly is because as he stepped forward, he'd raise and shake each rear paw.

RUT-ROH!!!

Yup. Poopy, STINKY little paw prints all over my brand new clean sheet.

He couldn't have walked on my DIRTY sheets with them, no - he was kind enough to wait until I'd put on the nice, CLEAN sheets so he could wipe that nasty stuff off his paws.

So I grabbed him and hollered for my roomie to come help me wash his feet off before I put him back down again. THAT was fun - stupid roomie doused a facecloth with ice-cold water from the tap, then applied the soaking wet and ice-cold cloth directly to poor Max's sensitive feet. I have the shred-marks on my arms to prove that this was NOT a smooth move. What a moron.
If a cat can scream, Max did - silently, in my head.

After I literally screamed at the moron to use WARM water like you would with a BABY (OMG what a IDIOT!) he added some hot water to make the cloth warm and then was able to clean most of the poop off Max's feet, enough to prevent further tracking, anyway.

Max suffered from momentary indignity, is now a little less confident in the bathroom near the sink which I'm not please about but oh well, and set about cleaning off the rest of his feet.

I can only assume he stepped in some runny poop in the litterbox, because someone dropped a stink bomb shortly before this happened, but Max's bottom was clean - it was just his back feet (all in between his toes!
)

Once again , THANK YOU, Nature's Miracle. I couldn't have gotten through yesterday without you!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't that one of Murphy's Laws? If there is a clean, new sheet, then a pet will deposit a present for you.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, that wasn't a day, it was a biohazard

Reminds me of the day Stan dropped a particulary soft stink bomb and then proceeded to step in it leaving not only poopy footprints, but brown butt prints on my white windowsills
Thank you, Nature's Miracle, indeed!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Oh man, that wasn't a day, it was a biohazard
I agree!

I just came home from shopping and I see that Abby pee'd over the edge of the litterbox (she's dyslexic and sometimes forgets to turn around after stepping into the box), and 2 spots of puke on the rug courtesy of Chynna. Erm... make that 3 spots. I see one on the floor by the table, which looks like Abby's.