Daily Thread New Years Eve! 2007

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone!

It is soon going to be another year
How exciting! I always love the thought of another year.

I am lucky enough to have the day off today..we have enough staff in our office that we each got 2 bonus days off during the holidays. I am heading to the gym, and then I get paid today so will be getting to the bank too.

Tonight I am heading to a friends for a party

Have a great day all! And an amazing New Years!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
no party for me or anything of the sort. I woke up feeling awful. My head is all stuffed up and my throat really hurts.
Good thing I had no plans for today.

But great new.... I just got my brand new camera in the mail!! It's a Canon Digital Rebel SLR with 8MP. I just need to charge the battery before I can start using it.

I'm so excited!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

no party for me or anything of the sort. I woke up feeling awful. My head is all stuffed up and my throat really hurts.
Good thing I had no plans for today.

But great new.... I just got my brand new camera in the mail!! It's a Canon Digital Rebel SLR with 8MP. I just need to charge the battery before I can start using it.

I'm so excited!!
OMG
You must be so stoked about getting the camera! Isn't it the best to just sit there for hours reading the manual for new electronics??
I LOVE doing that!! Have fun with it!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm stuck at work today. It's insanely slow, I dont even know why we're open. To make matters worse, it was snowing on my way in, and had to drive in heavy snow. A 45-50 min drive turned into an hour and 15 minutes. The roads were in terrible condition. But now the snow has died down. Hopefully we get let out early. I gotta clean the apartment tonight and tomorrow, its a disaster from Christmas time. I also wanna get home so I can play ROCK BAND! That game is awesome!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
am not doing anything, i'll probably slob in front of the TV watching rubbish! LOL, i do hope there's something good on today!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to work tonight and tomorrow, so no big plans
Its sad that the people who live at my job have more plans than me--I work at a retirement center. The residents are having a super-nice dinner and an "after-party" following that with snacks and a band.

Here are some pictures of how I expect it to go............................

First they'll start with a toast...

Then the band begins; life-long sweethearts are moved to dance....

[url=http://imageshack.us/]

That "grumpy old lady" finds the beer bong which signals the party will soon lose control...
[/url]

The guy who lives with 14 chihuahuas starts the "Everybody was Kung-Foo Fighting" dance...

At this point, for fun, the DJ slips in 50 Cent's "In Da Club" song and this guy is really diggin' it...

Even on a powerchair, we recommend a designated driver.....

Anyone interested in helping out tonight? It'll be loads of fun
!!!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

I have to work tonight and tomorrow, so no big plans
Its sad that the people who live at my job have more plans than me--I work at a retirement center. The residents are having a super-nice dinner and an "after-party" following that with snacks and a band.

Here are some pictures of how I expect it to go............................

First they'll start with a toast...

Then the band begins; life-long sweethearts are moved to dance....

[url=http://imageshack.us/]

That "grumpy old lady" finds the beer bong which signals the party will soon lose control...
[/url]

The guy who lives with 14 chihuahuas starts the "Everybody was Kung-Foo Fighting" dance...

At this point, for fun, the DJ slips in 50 Cent's "In Da Club" song and this guy is really diggin' it...

Even on a powerchair, we recommend a designated driver.....

Anyone interested in helping out tonight? It'll be loads of fun
!!!
I bet you'll have fun,though!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm working 6 hours today, but have nothing to do for the remaining 2 I have left! I could just go now, because my company doesn't really care and is very lenient as long as the work is done.

Then Rob is getting off work at 2-2:30pm (whenever I pick him up, really). We have to go buy him new work boots because the ones he has now he about broke his butt in the driveway in yesterday - the bottoms are all smooth and get slick in wet conditions.

Tonight we are just spending it at home. If only I could find some snacks to make for dinner tonight. I've been looking everywhere and can't find pigs in a blanket (but I guess I could make large ones with hotdogs and crescent rolls..) or potato puffs (guess pierogis would work there...)

Then at 12:01, it will be the year we get married, and get our house done!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just cleaning up during the day today. When my boyfriend gets home at 4:00, we have to go back to the store to return something and I want to stop by the liquor store and get some stuff to drink tonight.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Only having one friend over tonight. Just simple and close. We'll prolly jam out to some rock band and enjoy some sheesah from our new hookah. I do however need to get on the ball about cleaning. It's a disaster in here and since it looks like the roommate would rather let dirty dishes ferment in their own dirty rinse water
I guess once again the house work is up the the OCD girl
Small vent lol. Other than that I say 2008, BRING IT ON!!!!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Farrah - you crack me up!

New Years has come already. I have the flu so I was in bed by 11pm. I had to work before that - the mail doesn't stop for us.

Today I am off to my grandparents bach for the day - a barbeque and some fun and games. My granny is slightly nuts and not in a good way so we are all looking forward to it.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spent most of the day cleaning. We just finished dinner (pizza) and we're going to be watching movies and rearranging furniture for the rest of the evening!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe it's going to be new years!!!!
!!!!!!!

We aren't going to any parties or anything. Guess we're just going to celebrate at home together.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Staying in today - except to deposit a check and then get gas. (Used a lot of gas in December.) Sis brought over some taco salad and shrimp because Mom didn't feel like going over there and sis also brought the Christmas gifts from my niece and nephew and their families. Niece and great niece made double layer fleece throws (with kitty fabric.). They will come in handy when it gets really cold tomorrow through Friday.

Happy New Year everyone!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished up with dinner...this cold I Have is slowly progressing. Sore throat is gone, but now the stuffy nose is coming!

Ahhh...I have OJ and champagne...looks like Mimosas for me

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy New Years Eve Everyone!

Got stuck at work late today which wasn't so great considering I am fighting the flu. Laid down when I got home and slept until just a little while ago.

Got up and had a bowl of soup but that is not sitting to well on my stomach right now.

Think the kitties and I will just head back to bed. Don't have to work tomorrow so I am Happy about that.

For all you party goers Have Fun

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got in from our friends house. We just missed the city's fireworks by 4mins.
It was pretty neat seeing all the fireworks from the highway esp NJ.