Eeek! a Huntsman

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Came home this afternoon and went to open the blinds, there's a huge huntsman spider on the kitchen blinds.(Pics on that site are smaller than real life)

I don't have any bug spray, so I rang my mummy
Now I'm staring at it in case it moves, while I wait for her to rescue me.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would have died of fear. I could never ever live in a country that has big creepy crawlies hanging around houses.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you know they're harmless
it's weird, i haven't seen one around here in months. But now we're swarmed with cicadas and the biggest flies i've ever seen!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are beautiful spiders and harmless, too
I would much rather have spiders around than flies or misquitoes. The banded one is gorgeous.

OP, I don't mean to make light of your situation. I know many people fear spiders

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never feared the huntsman. When I was a young girl, my parents had a holiday house on the south coast, with lots of mosquitos & hunstman. My mum used to say they were harmless & would eat the mosquitos. So I don't go into a panic like some ppl I know. Mind you I would scream if one got on me. I've found they usually keep to themselves. I don't know about a kitty trying to catch one though.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, and I thought our spiders were huge! I am absolutely terrified of any spiders that aren't tiny... the little ones I don't mind, even if they're crawling on me.

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gosh, I didn't think that any spiders in Australia were harmless. That is to say, it is the continent with the world's only venomous mammal, right?
I am in the pro-spider camp myself, but seeing one of those fellows in the flesh would give me the willies!
Catfriend

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ryn

I would have died of fear. I could never ever live in a country that has big creepy crawlies hanging around houses.
yeh, i agree! i hate them, even the smallest of them, i can't settle knowing there's one around if i've seen it! have to get my boyfriend to squash them, or chuck them outside! ewww

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you should have Grissom from CSI come and get the spider. His character on CSI loves them. Then you could meet the cutie, William Peterson, who plays him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Oh you know they're harmless
Oh I know, still don't like them though. I've had a few run up my arm after getting mail out of the letterbox.

This is the first one I've seen since I came back to Aus last December, I've just moved and think it came from the fridge that was stored in mums shed.

Mum goes past my place on her way home from work so she stopped in and got rid of it for me. Put it in a jar and took it outside, far far away

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I would have died on the spot I freak out over the itty bitty ones DH laughs at me while Im on the verge of death...I would have called my mom had I of lived through seeing one that big

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

This is the first one I've seen since I came back to Aus last December, I've just moved and think it came from the fridge that was stored in mums shed.
Yeah i'm not a fan of going out to the bluestone shed at Tristans house. I have no idea what is hiding there! (apart from Henry the echidna that is
)

Originally Posted by butzie

Maybe you should have Grissom from CSI come and get the spider.
Um..did someone say..yummy?

Originally Posted by Catfriend

Gosh, I didn't think that any spiders in Australia were harmless. That is to say, it is the continent with the world's only venomous mammal, right?
Apparently we have the most dangerous snakes here too.

You forgot to mention the platypus is also cute