New Years Resolutions..what are yours?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I am not usually a big beleiver in New Years resolutions, but this year is different for me. I am not sure why..but I really believe I will shape up this year with the following things;

1. Stop biting my fingers..(not the nails, just the dry skin around the nails..gross I know
)

2. Eat healthier..I have the gym down pat but I need to improve my diet.

3. Make a bigger deal when its someone's birthday..It really is a special day for folks and I am going to make more of an effort in 2008 for my friends.

4. No gossiping!
Sounds easy...my boss is like a woman, actually worse than a woman when it comes to gossip. He will literally say things like "did you see what *so and so* is wearing today?" It is awful..and I refuse to be a part of any of it any longer. Even if he IS my boss. I am going to put an honest effort into "not saying anything if I have nothing nice to say".

5. Worry less! I am a worry wart and its unhealthy..I need to stop it

What are yours?

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been lazy lately about my wardrobe, so I would like to get into the habit of dressing better, making a better effort to present myself as less of a shlep!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Spend less money. Have to get used to being on a budget. So when I do move into a house, it won't totally traumatize me.
I will be looking this year.

2. Eat healthier. I don't drink too many sodas anymore, but have to slowly wean myself off of chips and junk food. I need to lose a few pounds...I'm already excercising.

3. Try to do some of the things I used to enjoy. Sometimes I forget the simple things I used to enjoy.

4. Try to go out more instead of feeling lonely all the time. It's brutal being single, but sometimes I don't know if it's better to be with someone or not. At least I can do what I want.

That's all I can think of for now.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Work on finding our own house.
2. Learn Spanish... I know a little bit but I'd love to be fluent in it.
3. Attempt to eat healthier... I've already lost the weight I need to lose but still need to learn how to eat healthy.
4. Finish my Volkswagen so it's ready for the road.
5. Learn how to operate a motorcycle.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My goal is to not get so attached to the shelter kitties.

Like that's gonna happen!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I really need to get my license.
Same here but its kind of pointless now that our car's completely dead.

My #1 priority/resolution, tackle our finances and keep my husband's spending on a short leash. He's ruining our bank account because of his gaming obsession.
Problem is, he won't let me take his cards from him or close his PayPal account. Gr...! (Any advice, please PM me!)

Next resolution, get the animal caretaker's job at the local humane society. I need to get a job so we'll have a bit more money and that one's my best bet since it's sort of in my future career field and it's close by the base. I really hope they have an opening!

Last resolution, hit the free(?) gym at our apartment complex. At least I'm 90% positive that it's free. I don't need to lose weight, frankly the docs say that I'm borderline underweight but I need to gain muscle and tone.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really do the New Year's Resolution Thing. I have been working on several different areas for awhile now so instead of setting specific goals I consider myself a work in progress.

So I think I will just continue down that path for 2008.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

My goal is to not get so attached to the shelter kitties.

Like that's gonna happen!
I don't think so Nat...but Good luck!

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. Keep up with Weight Watchers and exercising... I am shooting for 50 pounds total and I've lost 5 lol...

2. Get out of debt! It's a lot, so at least knock most of it out. Once I do that, I want to start saving and really get my money under control.

3. Stop picking at a sore when I get one. It's become a gross compulsion for me over the past few years, and I'm tired of the scars. They go away after about 6 months, but I keep making new ones, and I would like the bottom of my legs to not have scars when bikini season gets here... gross, but I had a traumatic event in my life that caused me to start doing it.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont do resolutions but do aims instead, although one of this years is completely opposite to last years!!

1 - less fosters than last year!!
2 - try and spend less time doing rescue work and more time for me, including watchign at least one film in one go a week, and going out once a month.
3 - eat healthier.

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1 - Finish my MS, no matter how crappy my data is

2 - Exercise more to get in better shape and feel more relaxed.
3 - Try to find the best of myself in bad situations.
4 - Try to get my kitties over their URI. (We'll see about this one
)

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really make resolutions - they're too easy to break. But both Rob & I want to start eating healthier and exercise again. We stopped going to the gym at the end of 2006/beginning of 2007 even though we had a membership that lasted from March 2006 - August 2007.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped making them a long time ago since I never stick to them.

Natalie- I'm a terrible nail biter, not the fingers (ouch!) but the nails
and I also worry way too much! I don't think I'm ever going to stop with these two bad habits though.

Good luck to everyone with your New Year's resolutions!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Eat better and exercise more.
Spend less money on things that we really don't need.
Declutter and organize. That could take years.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1 Finally stick to my gym plan for more than a month and let SO help me along the way.
2 Excel in my job and hope for a better position by the time the new school year rolls around.
3 Quit being so hard on myself and other. Find a zen.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Well I am not usually a big beleiver in New Years resolutions, but this year is different for me. I am not sure why..but I really believe I will shape up this year with the following things;

1. Stop biting my fingers..(not the nails, just the dry skin around the nails..gross I know
)

2. Eat healthier..I have the gym down pat but I need to improve my diet.

3. Make a bigger deal when its someone's birthday..It really is a special day for folks and I am going to make more of an effort in 2008 for my friends.

4. No gossiping!
Sounds easy...my boss is like a woman, actually worse than a woman when it comes to gossip. He will literally say things like "did you see what *so and so* is wearing today?" It is awful..and I refuse to be a part of any of it any longer. Even if he IS my boss. I am going to put an honest effort into "not saying anything if I have nothing nice to say".

5. Worry less! I am a worry wart and its unhealthy..I need to stop it

What are yours?
i used to bite my nail, until my BIL told me how many germs, virus's I was sticking in my mouth, I almost
I have never biten my nails again,
I want to eat healthier, get out a lot more,
less computor, spend less, I would really like to finish renovating our house, I have been living in the midst of it for 4 years, I want it done.