Virus/Trojan Going around

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I was posting pictures on photobucket and thecatsite when McAfee notified me that it detected a Trojan and deleted it. Then IE started opening randomly (I was using Firefox so IE shouldn't have been opening) to what looked like advertising sites. Then I got another message from McAfee saying it detected a Virus. A warning followed that McAfee had found Malware installed on my PC. I think these were from Photobucket as the only thing I had done all day was upload to photobucket and post on thecatsite online. No other email or anything. So everyone, please be careful. I have a feeling photobucket was vulnerable because of scripts your computer downloads to upload photos. This is just a theory but since I didn't do anything else online I think it is a reasonable one. Here's the name of the programs it downloads on your PC and infects it with:

Qdrmodule10.exe
Qdrpack10.exe
Qdrmodule9.exe
Qdrpack9.exe

The ones that were on my PC were Qdrmodule10 and Qdrpack10. Please be careful folks. This thing froze up my computer and started opening IE like crazy (even though I hadn't been using it). Even though McAfee had caught it and said it stopped it the damage was already done and I had to go to the task manager, stop those programs from running, manually remove the two programs and then I scanned twice with Adware and Spybot to make sure there weren't any registry problems. My computers running great now but it was sure a mess at first. If your antivirus software pops up and says a program is trying to access the internet, click on block it!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason Photobucket keeps logging me out when I use Opera. I wonder if this is the reason. The first two are adware/malware and the last two are trojans. I had a pop-up saying I was infected by something but I closed the window down. That might have been the infected link.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

For some reason Photobucket keeps logging me out when I use Opera. I wonder if this is the reason. The first two are adware/malware and the last two are trojans. I had a pop-up saying I was infected by something but I closed the window down. That might have been the infected link.
Maybe. It would be one heck of a coincidence if it weren't. I'd run a search on your computer for those programs just to make sure. And make sure their not running in the background by checking task manager.

I think I'll be going back to my mustangmods account for awhile. I'm afraid to upload to photobucket right now.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

That might be an issue with Opera. I love Opera, but have been unable to use the last three or four versions on my computer (I just updated again this evening, and still no go). The last time I had trouble with Photobucket, Photobucket's support staff told me it doesn't fully support Opera.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

its not really a virus. Its more spyware. but kinda the same i guess

http://www.spywareremove.com/removeQdrPack10.html
Two of the programs are malware and the other two are trojans. And they are brutal. They freeze up your computer and completely take over IE and make it uncontrolable. (Even though I don't use it.)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Tammie, I really wonder if you picked it up at Photobucket. I've uploaded a lot of photos there over the past several days, using Firefox. Your post got me worried, so I ran scans with two separate, updated spyware detection programs, including the one Bruce suggested, did a "manual" check, and also used my regular anti-virus/anti-spyware (GData) software to scan everything, and "nada", as far as this Qdr stuff is concerned.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did admit in my original post it was a theory only. But seeing how I had only been on photobucket and thecatsite.... Also, I went to the photobucket forums and there were all kinds of posts about people having problems with slow or non functionality of the site the last few days, and other problems. So no, I'm not really sure. But I don't see any other reason for it. Who knows though.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem with Opera and Photobucket. It's gotten to the point I open it up with IE just to stay logged in.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

I did admit in my original post it was a theory only. But seeing how I had only been on photobucket and thecatsite.... Also, I went to the photobucket forums and there were all kinds of posts about people having problems with slow or non functionality of the site the last few days, and other problems. So no, I'm not really sure. But I don't see any other reason for it. Who knows though.
It might depend on the firewalls/browsers people are using. I had tremendous problems with Photobucket several weeks ago, and finally figured out that ad-blocking software that I'd updated was causing the trouble.