18 years ago today......

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Steve and I were married. We were married in Chicago on a Saturday, then moved to Texas the following Monday. We threw a big send off party for us on our way out of town with about 300 people. He wore the traditional tux for the ceremony, then switched over to a tropical bow tie/cumberbum and flip flops for the reception. He's a beach bum at heart.

It's not the greatest picture, but this is the only one that we have scanned.

Where does the time go? The last 18 years have gone by in the blink of an eye.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Anniversary Amy to you and to Steve! I hope you guys have many more happy years ahead!

What are your plans for your anniversary? Add on another bedroom and bath with an attached deck to your home?

ETA: That is a beautiful pic!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful pic! It is amazing how much you grow up together after all those years.
We have been together almost 23 years, and it has been a roller coaster ride, but I would not trade one day of it.
I wish y'all many, many more happy years together.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Happy anniversary. And
(closest I could come to a toast smilie) to the many years to come.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

What are your plans for your anniversary? Add on another bedroom and bath with an attached deck to your home?
Funny you should say that! My BIL used to tease me that one day I was going to go out back and knit a room addition!

Actually, we've just taken down our few decorations. I gave the closet a 3rd coat of paint this morning and DH is about to reattach the paneling behind the bar (the electrician wired it up a few weeks back). We'll install the closet shelves later today. I found out last night that the neighborhood New Year's party is officially at our house tomorrow night. Oh swell - I get to clean the house tomorrow!

After that we relax. I'm trying to figure out where to go out for a delicious and relaxing dinner tonight. Yes, "mom and dad of many" are going to go out on a date tonight!

Has anyone ever been to one of Lydia's (Italian) restaurants? There is one in town that we've never been to before.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy 18th!
Been married 25 years. Wouldn't trade him in, especially because I'd have to train someone else.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful picture! You're both adorable! And I'm so happy for you -- have a wonderful anniversary date tonight, and many more happy decades together!