licking so excessively

frisky feline

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do not know where to post it here.

I want to post it here since i find it very interesting about my third cat, named Sushi. My friend found him through someone else who had a mama cat who gave birth to 3 kittens. My friend took one of them and brought home. She couldnt keep him because she had already gotten 8 cats. She knows about me, and asked me if i am interested in adopting sushi. That was 2 years ago. Of course i can't deny her offer and took sushi home with us. She did mention that's sushi's tendenies of licking your face or ears.

Sushi loves it when you are ready for bed. Once you are lying down on the bed. Sushi always run up to your chest and sit right next to your face. He would crawl/walk slowly to get closer to your face. all of a sudden, he licks all over your face and nibble your ears. yes that is the darnest cute! however it gets annoying when you are ready to sleep, right? he continues to lick, can you image with his rough tongue to make your face so tickle and a little burn from the rough tongue. Needless to say, i had to pet him and move him away from my face. the following year, he learns how to leave me alone not to bother me while i go to sleep. However, he won't leave me alone if i m up while in the bed. ha ha He must lick on any skins of mine, if he wants to lick on my face, so i had to cover my pillow then he would lick my hands, arms neck in order to satisfy him.

as of now, he's 2 years old. he seems to be doing better and less licking when i ask him not to. whenever he is too excited or nervous then he will lick anywhere of your skins, such as hands, arms, neck, or ear.

i wonder anyone of your cats do the same thing? i sometimes call him my little doggie.
he's a very happy cat. Sushi loves to be around me or my hubby or my two small kids. Sushi already knows my son whos 4 whos still a child. sushi isnt afraid of my small kids! Sushi will know when kids get jumpy excitedly then sushi will walk away from them. Most of time, sushi loves to be around us and strangers. how adorable.

my point is that do anyone of your cat do lick so excessively like a doggie? =)

p.s. i have two older 7 years old cats, Jude and Tavish. Sushi and Jude are the partner for wrestle times. Tavish is the alpha of the house and sushi sometimes dont respect Tavish for not letting Tavish be an alpha in the house. Tavish knows that Sushi is just a child and sometimes checking sushi out to see how sushis doing. They all get along well together. Jude is the one who loves to wrestle with either Tavish or Sushi but toward to sushi since sushis baby and jude likes to give sushi a hard times. ha ha but Sushi do smart out jude once in a while.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup! This is the right place. Though this forum turns out to be more for problems that people want help with. Since the advent of the "What's New Pussycat" forum, this post would be appropriate there too.

We have two kitties that lick us a lot. The first, Flowerbelle, NEVER liked to be petted - she liked to pet us instead. Thankfully she wouldn't lick us as we're trying to go to sleep - but she wouldn't let us pet her - she's always get her head around, and lick our hands and arms to death.
In the past six months or so she's started really enjoying being petted - but she still likes to pet us instead.

The other one is Spooky. She's always liked being petted - but she likes to return the favor. When she doesn't want any more pets, she'll start licking us. And if you try to take your hand away, she grabs at it, pulls it to her, and keeps licking.

Flowerbelle likes to sleep in a hanging basket - it's right at head height. If either one of us goes over there when she's in it, she'll lean over the edge and lick our faces. Thank god we can just lean back or walk away - that can really hurt!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frisky feline

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Yup! This is the right place. Though this forum turns out to be more for problems that people want help with. Since the advent of the "What's New Pussycat" forum, this post would be appropriate there too.

We have two kitties that lick us a lot. The first, Flowerbelle, NEVER liked to be petted - she liked to pet us instead. Thankfully she wouldn't lick us as we're trying to go to sleep - but she wouldn't let us pet her - she's always get her head around, and lick our hands and arms to death.
In the past six months or so she's started really enjoying being petted - but she still likes to pet us instead.

The other one is Spooky. She's always liked being petted - but she likes to return the favor. When she doesn't want any more pets, she'll start licking us. And if you try to take your hand away, she grabs at it, pulls it to her, and keeps licking.

Flowerbelle likes to sleep in a hanging basket - it's right at head height. If either one of us goes over there when she's in it, she'll lean over the edge and lick our faces. Thank god we can just lean back or walk away - that can really hurt!

Laurie
your little furkids sound sooo adorbable!! thank you for sharing it here with me. Guess licking is pretty normal for cats and smae for dogs.

last night, Sushi always sleep with us, so sushi walked over on my chest and decide to leave me alone then walked around then sushi sit on my big pillow and slept on it. *whew* He's smart when we didnt want to be bothered by his excessivly licking while we are sleeping. He will bother my hubby around 3 am by licking my hubby's face every night anyway!!! ha ha

i guess my sushi is normal for licking so much!