what...

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know Ive already asked this once but he has grown quite a bit since those first few pictures of him and he seems to have darkened quite a bit...but I was wondering What color is he and also do you think he is pure bred(it doesnt matter to me honestly he doesnt have papers Its just out of curiosity)Hes beauiful either way and We
him just the same!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
also wanted to add that some of his coloring appears to be black while other places look more chocolate

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks I know I had asked that ? before but I wasnt sure if they could change colors or if they just darkened with age...Thanks so much!!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be Himalayan too possibly. But I do agree with Seal Point. Gorgeous cat too BTW.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doubt its himi simply cause of the ears - far to large and pointed - even a pet quality himi would not have those ears.

randis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he could resemble some breed but you would never be sure if he is pure.
a handsome boy

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, seal point. As to breed, I leave that to the experts. But oh myohmy, what a gorgeous kitty!!!!! prrrrrrrrrrr!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with what others say about his color. But as for breed I personally do not think he is purebred. He does not look at all like a pet quality Persian and Birmans have white feet. Ragdolls I am not as sure, I don't know a lot about their standard but for some reason he does not resemble a Ragdoll to me.

You have to keep in mind that pedigreed cats only make up approximately 3% of owned cats. Also all coat types and colors can be found in the domestic population.

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I remember recently hearing that a Ragdoll and Cornish Rex are both expected to have the same profile. Quite suprising. . . but do you have a profile shot of him?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ragdolls have a "roman" nose???? will have to look up the standard

hmm - beg to differ on you on the profile of the two breeds - they are not the same

Ragdoll - Muzzle is round, medium in length, with well-developed chin. Nose is to have a gentle break between the eyes.

C. Rex - The Cornish Rex has a Roman profile comprised of a gentle convex curve from the tip of the nose to the top of the head with a smooth mild dip just below the eyes and above the high prominent nose bridge.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would say, he looks more like a Ragdoll than a Himalyan.
Because he has a longer nose.
But my guess would be he is a Himalyan mix, because Ragdolls are not as common as Himalyans.
What did his littermate look like?
He of course is gorgeous.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't bet on it - there are a lot of byb Ragdoll people out there now cause its more of a popular breed. Same with the Bengals - far too many byb's jumping on the bandwagon - and not for the betterment of the breed!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jenniferd

I would say, he looks more like a Ragdoll than a Himalyan.
Because he has a longer nose.
But my guess would be he is a Himalyan mix, because Ragdolls are not as common as Himalyans.
What did his littermate look like?
He of course is gorgeous.
He looks like a raggie or mix to me, the eyes, and nose as well as the ears look it to me, any way, more so then a himi. I love that little face! What a cutie!
Ragdolls have become VERY popular.

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Don't bet on it - there are a lot of byb Ragdoll people out there now cause its more of a popular breed. Same with the Bengals - far too many byb's jumping on the bandwagon - and not for the betterment of the breed!
Ain't that the truth! There are so many more BYB's of ragdolls now (and any other breed for that matter!)

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Ragdolls have a "roman" nose???? will have to look up the standard

hmm - beg to differ on you on the profile of the two breeds - they are not the same

Ragdoll - Muzzle is round, medium in length, with well-developed chin. Nose is to have a gentle break between the eyes.

C. Rex - The Cornish Rex has a Roman profile comprised of a gentle convex curve from the tip of the nose to the top of the head with a smooth mild dip just below the eyes and above the high prominent nose bridge.
Sorry to do my usual and take the thread a bit off topic, if it was an Olympic sport we'd be in with a chance of some medals
- You're talking about the American Cornish Rex - the European does not have a convex profile at all but a straight one. They are to all intents and purposes different breeds now. Our CRexes look nothing like yours

EDIT: "Head:
Medium wedge with high cheek bones. Head length about one third greater than the maximum width, narrowing to a rounded muzzle and strong chin. In profile a flat skull curving gently at the brow and continuing in a straight line to the tip of the nose"

"In Europe the Rex cats have a straight profile and in the USA they prefer a more extreme type with a Latin profile."

Editing again
(one day I'll manage to do a whole post in one go
) if you go to this link here this is one of the leading Rex breeders in the UK - scroll down to the 3rd set of photos down (seal point & white Cornish girl) to see a good UK Cornish Rex profile, this girl is doing well in the showring at the moment. There are some Devons on the page too, but if you compare the Cornish that is a good look in the UK showring, but quite different to the US look
If I look at Radar I can see definite CRex head and ear conformation, only very slightly muted by his moggy half, whereas to those in the US I am sure he looks nothing like what you'd expect a CRex cross to be

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally like the "original" cornish rexes - Spooky was closer to the original - larger then almost every C rex being shown but in proportion. He had a dense coat and a good head.

Today's CRexes (especially in CFA) are too small and extreme for my taste