I had a Llama Once!!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So when I was young and wanted a horse really really bad (too young to work for the $$$ to pay for one) my granny thought a Llama would be a great substitute!!!!

I had her for almost three years, but when the cops showed up for the 4th time saying our Llama was lose again we decided she needed a new home. One side of the pasture is a fairly big creek, but evidently Llamas really like water
She would get out, walk a few miles south or east and come back.

This is my registered Llama "Cutie Pie"

Don't mind this terrible picture of me
In my defense we were painting the barn. I'm 5'6'' so you can see how tall their heads are!!!

It's her b-day

I took her to 4-h and won a blue ribbon. I even taught her to lay down! It was so cool!!!!

She is now at a really good home having the cutest babies! So far they have all been tri-colors and have the half brown body! The woman who owns her is an older woman and just loves her to death!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's a sweetie. They are lovely creatures. The neighbour of a friend of ours has llamas. Our friend sends us pictures from time to time.

kimistry

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Swizneat!! Llama. did she ever spit at anyone? and if she did, did you not like this person and it was extremely funny?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kimistry

Swizneat!! Llama. did she ever spit at anyone? and if she did, did you not like this person and it was extremely funny?
I knew I would get this question eventually!!!!!

Sadly she only spit on someone twice......and both times it was me!!!!!

And it is SOOOOO gross, it's not exactly spit...... you know how farmers snort in before they "spit"??? Well that's what Llamas do

The first time she spit at me she got me straight in the face
I was trying to put the halter on her and she hated it!!!! She was six months old when I got her.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention that I shaved her around her belly for the summer so she wouldn't get too hot. Just in case you thought she looks a little funny around the middle.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kimistry

Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I knew I would get this question eventually!!!!!

Sadly she only spit on someone twice......and both times it was me!!!!!

And it is SOOOOO gross, it's not exactly spit...... you know how farmers snort in before they "spit"??? Well that's what Llamas do

The first time she spit at me she got me straight in the face
I was trying to put the halter on her and she hated it!!!! She was six months old when I got her.
I have to admit, when I saw the thread title, the first thing I thought of was "Watch out!! They spit!!"

She is beautiful though!! We have a couple alpaca farms by me, I know not the exact same thing, but their fur is so soft!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The "Watch out! They spit!" is from Aladin isn't it!

They also kick VERY hard.....She broke a two by four like a tig once....so much for the fence!!!

Alpaca's are just so pretty and so soft! Llamas hair is a bit more course on th outside layer. It could work as a wool, but it's not as nice as alpacas. I just left her fur on the ground for the barn swallows and such to use in their nests. They LOVED hair triming season!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
and she has a hat!!!watched this psychic show a while back and this lady had a depressed lama and in the end it turned out that the lama kept seeing all the people wearing a hat, so they gave her a hat and she was happy!
I just died laughing when I saw the photo, she's adorable!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwww I love llamas and alpacas - I want to have an alpaca farm one day.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

and she has a hat!!!watched this psychic show a while back and this lady had a depressed lama and in the end it turned out that the lama kept seeing all the people wearing a hat, so they gave her a hat and she was happy!
I just died laughing when I saw the photo, she's adorable!
That is too funny!!! I couldn't say she was entirely happy about the hat though