TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Spotlight member of the Week...Spyral!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spotlight member of the Week...Spyral!!! - Page 3

post #61 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
Ahem!!! Since I was born and raised in Seattle I can tell you this whole thing is a myth perpetrated by denizens of Seattle to keep the waves of people from coming there to live!
SHHHH!!!! Now they'll know the truth! We say the same about Portland

Right now it is 46F, blue skies, puffy white clouds and sunshine. It'll probably be raining again in another 30 minutes though
post #62 of 74
That sense of humor will take you a long ways, Spyral - keep it up! Us woman love a guy who can make us laugh!!

That World Trade Center remark was funny! But it's such a shame that they're no longer there.. You'll have to find another tall building for your next proposal..

~KK~
post #63 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
That sense of humor will take you a long ways, Spyral - keep it up! Us woman love a guy who can make us laugh!!

That World Trade Center remark was funny! But it's such a shame that they're no longer there.. You'll have to find another tall building for your next proposal..

~KK~
Space Needle here in Seattle.
post #64 of 74
Hey!! He has a kilt! You do wear it in the traditional manner, of course.
post #65 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
Hey!! He has a kilt! You do wear it in the traditional manner, of course.
Very few people know just how big a Kilt really is...9 yards of 60" wide Tartan..

And if by traditional you mean without knickers, that is a big yes to that one.
post #66 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
Very few people know just how big a Kilt really is...9 yards of 60" wide Tartan..

And if by traditional you mean without knickers, that is a big yes to that one.
that is exactly what she meant there may be hope for you yet!!
post #67 of 74
Well then, did you know the term "The whole nine yards" came from referencing the Kilt? I imagine it went something like this:

Bruce: Did you hear about the fight William got into down at the Pub?

Hamish: No, tell me.

Bruce: They refused him a pint so he said he would take off his kilt and pummel the entire Pub down to the last man.

Hamish: "He took off his kilt, laddie?"

Bruce: "Aye, the bloody whole nine yards."

Hamish: Hey, that's well catchy! I think I'll use that.
post #68 of 74
ha!! Now I have learned something new today!
post #69 of 74
You must have questions to answer:

Is Scottish an accent, a dialect, or a separate language?

Have you ever ridden the ferris wheel, the Wonder Wheel at Coney Island? The one on the Santa Monica pier? any other?

Do you like amusement park rides? Which ones?

Do you sleep in a twin, full, queen, or king-size bed?

What characteristics do you think a couple should share? Like religion, politics, taste in furnitue, books, movies, music, etc.

When you come to Long Beach what do you do for entertainment? What would you like to do here?
post #70 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie=^..^= View Post
You must have questions to answer:

Is Scottish an accent, a dialect, or a separate language?

It is a dialect, it is English. Call it a brogue.

Have you ever ridden the ferris wheel, the Wonder Wheel at Coney Island? The one on the Santa Monica pier? any other?

Coney Island, yes. I lived in NY for 19 years and own a house on Long Island. None others.

Do you like amusement park rides? Which ones?

Not really, to me they are "captive entertainment" meaning, you have no control over the amount of fun you have or where your entertainment takes you. This is why I enjoy auto racing. I control what I do.

Do you sleep in a twin, full, queen, or king-size bed?

California King.

What characteristics do you think a couple should share? Like religion, politics, taste in furnitue, books, movies, music, etc.

Religion is a good one. Shared political views will avoid arguments, however, intelligent people can have spirited discussions without regressing into neolithic grunting and bashing. Books, not so important since reading is a singular event. Movies, again, intelligent people can weigh the pro and con balance of anything shared. Music, same as movies.


When you come to Long Beach what do you do for entertainment? What would you like to do here?

I am usually so wrapped up in work that I don't do much entertaining. However, last time I was in Long Beach, I rented a Lamborghini Gallardo and went driving around. PCH is a nice drive. I am never very impressed with "touristy" things. I prefer to strike out on my own and see what I can find. More exciting that way.
Thanks for the questions!
post #71 of 74
Well folks, my week is up! Thanks for all the interesting questions! I will make a post handing off the Spotlight Member Of The Week in a minute.
post #72 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
Well folks, my week is up! Thanks for all the interesting questions! I will make a post handing off the Spotlight Member Of The Week in a minute.
Hello, I'm new here. Ive read a few posts in this thread. So do the Spotlight Member Of The Weeks get asked 10,000 questions by others? Is that how it works?
post #73 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by tknterry View Post
Hello, I'm new here. Ive read a few posts in this thread. So do the Spotlight Member Of The Weeks get asked 10,000 questions by others? Is that how it works?
Pretty much. I am a new guy so they really hit me! Now they know all my secrets..lol
post #74 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
Pretty much. I am a new guy so they really hit me! Now they know all my secrets..lol
Not all of them, but we tried.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Spotlight member of the Week...Spyral!!!