Coz tonight, I'm cleanin' out my closet!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! It's nearly all over.

DH and I finally got around to cleaning out the closet and getting rid of clothes that were too small. (We've both put on the season's pudge). We managed to fill three huge black bags of clothes, shoes and belts, bedsheets, towels.... you name it.... and donate it to the Red Cross to send it where it's needed. We've also managed to get rid of two black bags of stuff that's completely worn out and useless to anyone. I never knew we had so much junk in there!!

But once I got started, I kept on going and cleaned out under the bed - removed at least fourteen cat's worth of fur from under it
, and put all the suitcases in the basement. We have a cream carpet in the bedroom.... under the bed it was black.
Shows you how often we clean out under there huh?

I'm on top of the laundry again - finally - and the ironing is done. I'm determined we are going to start 2008 with a REALLY clean slate - so that we can move out of this apartment and away from those stinking noisy neighbours of ours - so tomorrow, I'm going to attack the livingroom.

Now comes the bit I want some advice for: How do I serve an eviction notice to the pygmies living under the sofa?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Whew! It's nearly all over.

DH and I finally got around to cleaning out the closet and getting rid of clothes that were too small. (We've both put on the season's pudge). We managed to fill three huge black bags of clothes, shoes and belts, bedsheets, towels.... you name it.... and donate it to the Red Cross to send it where it's needed. We've also managed to get rid of two black bags of stuff that's completely worn out and useless to anyone. I never knew we had so much junk in there!!

But once I got started, I kept on going and cleaned out under the bed - removed at least fourteen cat's worth of fur from under it
, and put all the suitcases in the basement. We have a cream carpet in the bedroom.... under the bed it was black.
Shows you how often we clean out under there huh?

I'm on top of the laundry again - finally - and the ironing is done. I'm determined we are going to start 2008 with a REALLY clean slate - so that we can move out of this apartment and away from those stinking noisy neighbours of ours - so tomorrow, I'm going to attack the livingroom.

Now comes the bit I want some advice for: How do I serve an eviction notice to the pygmies living under the sofa?
Hey when you're done you can come to my house.
I am afraid of my closet

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kittee

I am doing a closet clean up tomorrow. =) Thanks for giving me more motivation!
Here's more motivation for you:

I completely emptied the spare bedroom closet and stripped off the old shelving. Then I ripped the popcorn ceiling out, patched the 500 holes in the walls, and painted the entire closet. Second coat of paint goes on in about an hour (it hadn't been painted since 1972 when the house was first built). I got a new shelving system from Home Depot that I install tomorrow. It's all cut to size and ready to go.

Nothing goes back into that closet that we don't use regularly.

Next: our bedroom closet.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just cleaned out my plasitc bowl cupboard! got rid of any bowls without lids and lids without bowls
I also had 4 empty coffee cans stashed under the sink
those have been there awhile, haven't had a coffee maker since my ex moved out....3 years ago

and the biggest surprise, I found a huge Mikasa crystal vase under there!
have no idea where that came from

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow a crystal vase!? Lucky thing!! All I found were hairballs and a couple of copper coins!!
Sounds like we've all been busy - and woah... 500 holes!? Good grief!!

Almost makes me want to do more. Almost