I have a little girl goin heat have a question!!

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My girl Squishy, i believe is going into her heat cycle for the first time, She is very vocal right now but is quite unusually sweet. Whenever you touch anywhere her tail she squats and makes all kinds of silly sounds and sometimes rolls all over. I was just wondering how long will this last and shen it is over will she still be sweet as she is now or will she return to her hyper brat kitten self.

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It does sound like she is in heat. I'm curious, are you planning to spay her? Is she an indoor/outdoor cat? If she goes outdoors, she could easily end up pregnant, so I would keep her indoors for the time being.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Absolutely we are getting her spayed, we have already discussed it with the vet. Yes she is strictly an indoor cat. We live in an apartment on the third floor. She has only been out twice since we got her as a baby baby, and that was to take her to the vet. Im a softee when it comes to animals outside i think all of them should be in a big house

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I ask why you're not having her spayed? She will be so uncomfortable as she grows older, and subject to many potentially serious problems, not to mention the one/thousand chance she does get out one day and a tom cat finds her.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by hammyandwaf

Absolutely we are getting her spayed, we have already discussed it with the vet. Yes she is strictly an indoor cat. We live in an apartment on the third floor. She has only been out twice since we got her as a baby baby, and that was to take her to the vet. Im a softee when it comes to animals outside i think all of them should be in a big house
Originally Posted by Larke

Can I ask why you're not having her spayed? She will be so uncomfortable as she grows older, and subject to many potentially serious problems, not to mention the one/thousand chance she does get out one day and a tom cat finds her.
The OP did say that the cat was going to be spayed.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she is in heat. I would get her spayed asap. 1. she will try to get out to mate. When our female went into heat we were lucky we had a neutered male in the house and she never tried to get out. 2. She will start calling out night and any other time of the day.And it is hard to go to sleep with a cat in heat calling. and 3. she will come in and out of heat frequently until mated.

We had our female spayed while she was still in heat. And everything went well. So I would try and get her done asap.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea we are going to get her spayed as soon as possible. With the holidays and all we just haven't made it there to get it done yet. But i do have a question, her personality has changed she is loveable and lazy now. She was hyper, playfull, and liked to play attack. Is she going to stay the same when she goes out or will she return to her playful self?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Daphne is 11 months old, was spayed at 4 1/2 months. The only thing that changed is that she didn't go into heat again. She was/is still daffy Daphne
She is older now so not as crazy-kittenish, but the spaying didn't change her personality
Your little one will just be herself, perhaps just more mature as she grows up.

How old is your girl?

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is cool I dont want her to change, I love her calmness and very sweetness right now. But i like her being a spoiled rotten little brat better. She is hillarious when she is that way. When she is all sweet all i can do is pick her up and hug her to death
It is so cool that yours is named Daphne, for that is what my name is.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

But i like her being a spoiled rotten little brat better.
I wouldn't worry, my Ana was spayed at 10 weeks - she's as bratty as they come

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we do have pics of squishy but dont know how to post pics on this forum yet. Can anyone tell me how to do it so i can post pics for all of ya?

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is a quick fix so you can see our little girl, Im not comfortable with the photobucket program but here is two of the most recent pics we have of her. As soon as i go get some batteries for my digital camera or find my picture CD's with all of her other pics on it i will post more.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Here is a quick fix so you can see our little girl, Im not comfortable with the photobucket program but here is two of the most recent pics we have of her. As soon as i go get some batteries for my digital camera or find my picture CD's with all of her other pics on it i will post more.
She's lovely. If you click on the link IMG box (see below), you will copy the image link that you can paste here.