carrier recommendation

jandm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for a carrier large enough to carry 2 full grown cats. They aren't full grown yet - but they will be eventually!! I'd prefer a backpack style. Anyone have any affordable recommendations??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
two separate... I use many different ones ... will say the backpack style is hated by both girls

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jandm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definitely not cross country! Around town - short distances mostly. I'd prefer the backpack, because I am usually walking those short distances and they get heavy!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JandM

Definitely not cross country! Around town - short distances mostly. I'd prefer the backpack, because I am usually walking those short distances and they get heavy!
Have you thought of a stroller? That way they can see out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jandm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't do the stroller thing....just not my style, you know? But thanks for the idea!!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I bought my Sleepy Pods, I carried Mattie around in a soft carrier from PetSmart that was made by PetMate and was about $35 on sale. It was nice and light and I could just strap it over my shoulder like a duffel bag.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not a good idea to put two full grown cats in one carrier. Kittens are fine, but not adults. I'd get a soft-sided one with handles (not a backpack) or a medium size hard carrier. If the cat will be over 10 lbs, its better to use a hard carrier cause it feels more secure and sturdy to the cat.

efrost6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Consider this one available from PetSmart. It's not backpack style, but we used it for our kitten. I'm not sure how you would bring both cats. Have you thought about carrying one cat at a time?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...amily&keepsr=1

It has meshes so your cat can look out. It's soft and light. We use it for our kitten, but then again, he's only 4lb. So you adult cats may be a bit less convenient. Hope this help!!!