How is it possible?

orltwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, how is it possible that when you step on a cat's feet by accident, nothing is broken or injured? Tonight I was in the kitchen and did what we've all done before, step on the cat who was standing RIGHT behind me when I turned around. With all of the screeching and hollering that came from him, you would have thought I was trying to kill him! Of course he ran away, but I went up and tried to comfort him and eventually he came over to me and allowed me to pet him. Obviously it doesn't feel good, that's obvious, but with as many times as cats get stepped on, I'm surprised nothing gets broken or seriously injured.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did taht to my Brothers Kitten last Month. When we went to get my Kitten her Sister stepped behind me and i stepped on her Paw in Heavy Boots but she was ok She did scream. She has Fcks too. Strange how they dont get hurt.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have wondered tht as well. Their little paws seem so delicate, yet they must be extremely sturdy. It seems that there are paws underfoot. I guess we can just be glad that they don't break easily.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by orltwa

Ok, how is it possible that when you step on a cat's feet by accident, nothing is broken or injured?
The same way I've never broken any of my own bones or ended up in the ER for my accidents (not counting the cat bite). Pure luck.
Actually I think it's because their feet are rather small and most cats start yelling before you put enough weight to break anything.
A good suggestion though - don't wear your shoes in the house. It's better for the floors and cat feet if you take them off at the door.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes wonder if it has to do with the flexibility of the feet or paws too. There are so many tiny bones and joints that everything just kind of bends and flexes if it is stepped on.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I have bad luck cause I broke a paw... WHOOPZZ!! It was an accident but the kitty still like to make me feel guilty by gimping around on it... Yeah, Im a little bit more careful now!