At our wits end!!

libby'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. I need some help right away if that is possible. We are moving to Covington GA next week, and we've been trying to find someone to watch our cat until we move into our apartment. Right now we are in Connecticut. I thought my husband had a transfer but I just found out that it fell through. So we are moving with no jobs.

The only thing is that we have friends that have allowed us to stay with them. They have a dog, and the husband does not want a cat in the house. We do not want to bring him back to the shelter we picked him up from. We do not know where to start to look to place him temporarily until we get on our feet. Everyone we've tried to have watch Sawyer is either allergic to cats or can't take him either because they do not like cats or they have too many cats.

I have been crying every night because I don't know what to do. We need someone to watch Sawyer for 4-8 weeks, which is a long time. We would board him but we can't afford that since we will not have jobs once we move. Our lease is up on our apartment up here and the landlord is raising the rent to a price we can't afford. Staying up here is not an option. I have asked family no one wants to help.

Does anyone know of places or people that will watch a cat? We can afford to buy food and litter and water for Sawyer, we would love to move him with us so that if there is a place in Atlanta that would watch Sawyer so we could visit him.

We are in such a hard place right now, and if anyone could give some words of advice we would greatly appreciate it.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, I'm way up here in Canada or I'd look after him for you.

Can you check on the internet to see if there is a humane society near where you'll be moving that may be able to direct you to a foster home for your kitty until you are settled? I don't know what else to suggest. Hopefully some of our US folks will have some better information for you.

I'll send you some hugs anyway to help you stay calm and focused.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I were close to you I would take him... This is a hard thing to go through... The friends husband wont even let you keep him in your bedroom???

There has got to be someone on here that can help! If you could find a way to get him to south dakota I would!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you check the long distance rescue league to see who is near you??? Some of us on there are willing to travel 2-3 hours one way and do fosters... Not always a posibility depending on where you are but you could check!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libby'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We found a foster home for Sawyer. My friends partner is allergic to cats, she said she would love to do it but that it wouldn't work out. But she said her mother would do it, that we she could go and visit him (the mother lives a couple of minutes away from her). Sawyer likes her and whenever she comes to visit Sawyer is all over her. I am SO happy!

Thank you guys for the suggestions!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Libby'sMom

We found a foster home for Sawyer. My friends partner is allergic to cats, she said she would love to do it but that it wouldn't work out. But she said her mother would do it, that we she could go and visit him (the mother lives a couple of minutes away from her). Sawyer likes her and whenever she comes to visit Sawyer is all over her. I am SO happy!

Thank you guys for the suggestions!
Wonderful news!!! Sending {{{{prayers and vibes}}}} that your rehoming goes well, and your hubby gets a great job and you find that you're all reunited again very soon, with a bright future ahead