Nin, the Weather Station Cat, Retires at 17+ years old

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that's so sweet! I hope he has a happy retirement!

I believe Mt. Washington is one of the windiest places and it's weather that changes quickly. I read a book about the Appalachian trail recently and I remember reading about it.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He has certainly been there for a long time. He deserves a nice retirement, but I bet he will still try to go to his job. Sending him vibes for a long retirement in front of a nice fire on a soft pillow.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning America's weatherman went up there to talk about Mt. Washington. The weather can change so fast, that one time the cat got caught on a brief trip outside and he had ice all over his fur. (They showed a pic.)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am a Nin expert.
Aaron and I go to the top of that mountain whenever we visit NH. We were a bid sad to hear he is retiring. We've sent and received Christmas cards to and from Nin.

The cat that was completely covered in ice was Inga, Nin's predecessor. I have a mug with a picture of Inga covered in ice on it.

http://www.mountwashington.org/store...products_id=93

We also have a Christmas ornament with Nin on it.

They send out a quarterly update booklet and my favorite part was always "Nin's notes" which had parts of Nin's diary in it.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I We've sent and received Christmas cards to and from Nin.
That is so cute!!

It's great they're finding a replacement for him. It sounds like an interesting and satisfying life for a cat to have.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I am a Nin expert.
Aaron and I go to the top of that mountain whenever we visit NH. We were a bid sad to hear he is retiring. We've sent and received Christmas cards to and from Nin.

The cat that was completely covered in ice was Inga, Nin's predecessor. I have a mug with a picture of Inga covered in ice on it.

http://www.mountwashington.org/store...products_id=93

We also have a Christmas ornament with Nin on it.

They send out a quarterly update booklet and my favorite part was always "Nin's notes" which had parts of Nin's diary in it.
A celebrity cat! You'll have to go check out Nin's successor, and give us a report.

Happy retirement, Nin!