TICA register questions

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got my ragdoll, Zoe, back in June and just set aside her papers to register with TICA and frankly, forgot all about them....so after running across them today, my questions are....
~Is there a time limit to be registered?
~Is there really a need to register? I don't plan to show her....
~She is ours forever, so there wouldn't be any selling her and somebody wanting proof of her being a purebred either.

If I should register her, I noticed it said that if the paper was marked for non breeder or show (she was spayed so obviously marked non breeder) that the breeder's signature must be present...I don't see that she signed it???

I just really want to know if there is any real reason I should have her papers.....Thanks!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I registered my Ragdoll, Smudge, but I'm not really sure why, LOL. Not gonna show, but there was just something about it...I think you only need the breeders signature if you DO breed or show. Hmmm...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, Okay...maybe I just misread that part
I will check again...
I know what you mean, I'm not really sure why I would register her, but a part of me wants to anyways...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RaggieKitty

Oh, Okay...maybe I just misread that part
I will check again...
I know what you mean, I'm not really sure why I would register her, but a part of me wants to anyways...
I figure what the heck it's like five bucks, and you can put it in their baby book!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not register a pet?

You can show when/if your plans change someday and you will already be registered. Even if that seems very doubtful, you never know.
You will have nice looking papers to put with records. You never know when that information might be handy out of the blue or when you just want to look back. Or maybe trace genetics.

Your money to register goes towards a valid cat registry, many cat registries put that money in cat shows and health issues, clinics, and so forth. So I don't feel it is money wasted either. Just my opinions.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TICA requires that the breeder sign the document, if the not for breeding and not for showing boxes are checked.
If your registration slip has not been signed, then technically your cat can be used for breeding and be shown. Since she's spayed, breeding wouldn't be an issue.

You should register your cat. It provides you proof of breed and ownership. It also puts your cat on the rolls, so to speak, as yours will then be counted among all the other registered ragdolls.
After she's registered you can request a pedigree or research it online. Knowing her ancestors might become important if she ever becomes ill with something that could be genetic.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All very good reasons to go ahead with it.....thanks!

MY DH says why would you want to and I say ummmm just because she's special

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

All very good reasons to go ahead with it.....thanks!

MY DH says why would you want to and I say ummmm just because she's special
Slight hijack...

When I asked for my Ragdoll, my DH was worried that he would be "snotty" to the other cats because he's purebred.
As if! He's just mostly really goofy and spastic!

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Goofy and spastic sound very familiar!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ummmm just because she's special
Demetri was my first purebred cat, the poor boy now gets called Fancy 99.9% of the time. Not very manly