He showed affection!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little background info for those who don't know Spooky Bear's story: we found him in our barn at about 4 weeks old, it was cold out and there was no momma cat around (and we never did find a momma). It took us an hour to catch him, he was so scared. We raised him and he was very sweet when he was tiny. But as he grew up, he became more reserved and then basically feral again despite our best efforts.

But tonight we had a breakthrough. I went out back for something and when I came back in, Spooky was sitting near the door. He kind of "chirped" at me, which surprised me because he never talks to me. I knelt down and reached out to him and gently scratched his back. Instead of running away like usual, he started purring like crazy and rubbing against me!
He has come over for affection twice since then. I'm so happy that he's coming around a little, it's definitely progress!

I was so happy, and I had to share!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

That's great news! Do you have a brush that you could brush him with? He might really love that and become your shadow.
I do brush him a couple times a week, when I brush everyone... he will allow it for a few seconds but then runs away. Surprisingly, despite his fears, he is one of the most playful cats so I always make a point to give him extra one-on-one playtime with the feather toy...which I think is helping a little bit with him. I really need to him a Da Bird one of these days, I think he'd really love it.

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thats cool! I love when Holden wants afrfection, he is a big baby at heart. I try brushing Holden, but it only lasts a few minutes until he is trying to attack the brush!