Also new here...let's talk cats!

birdsong123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to have found this forum...somewhere we can talk cats and also see pictures.

My new baby is Milo Bean, we adopted him from rescue almost a month ago, and I'm in love. He is smart and funny...and now we're looking for a pal for him in rescue. We also have 4 small cat-friendly dogs. It's so fun to watch them all interact.

In any case, it's nice to be here and I look forward to becoming a "regular" here.

Kitty head bonks to all...

Donna and Milo

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Milo is a sweetie, to be sure, and if there's one thing we all love to talk about around here, it's cats.
We also love pics, so don't forget to take lots, and post in Fur Pics, so we can all ooh and ahh over your sweetie.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Welcome to TCS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will love it here! It's such a fun and social site to become a part of! If you haven't checked out the "cats and other animals" you should! You can post pictures of your other animals and talk about them!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS Donna and Milo Bean!

So glad you've joined us!

We are a wonderful community of cat lovers. I truly hope you enjoy your time here with us!

As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, I would be happy to help you.
Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name, then send a Private Message.
I will get back to you asap. See you around the site.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let me know if you were able to access your private messages.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

birdsong123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! There's a coffee house named Milo Bean?

(Honestly we didn't know, lol)

We had him named before we ever knew or met him. This was a name we gave another cat we wanted in rescue who passed away before we could adopt him.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

xo cats, I was able to access my messages this morning...thanks so much for all the great tips!

Milo 'n mom

birdsong123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow...John, I"m so amazed by your bobcat clan. I didn't know it was possible to have exotic cats safely as pets. Your website is amazing!

It is awesome to see them interact so gently with your domestic cats. Do your domestic cats also have a raw diet?

Thanks for the warm invite,

Milo and Donna

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Birdsong123

Wow...John, I"m so amazed by your bobcat clan. I didn't know it was possible to have exotic cats safely as pets. Your website is amazing!

It is awesome to see them interact so gently with your domestic cats. Do your domestic cats also have a raw diet?

Thanks for the warm invite,

Milo and Donna
Yes, it is possible to have exotic cats safely as pets, but as I tell everyone. It is a tremendous amount of work, it is not for everyone and you must be responsible. Yes, the bobcats love our domestics. Our cougar does too, but due to his size, he no longer lives inside the house with us and I would not want him to injure the domestics due to his size a rough play. He lives in a secure outdoor enclosure. Our exotics eat the all raw meat diet, but we feed our domestics a regular domestic cat diet. We feed them Eukanuba. But, the domestics do get raw meat treats.

birdsong123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
John,

This is how ignorant I am about bobcats: I figured they would eat domestic cats as prey....would that ever happen in the wild if they weren't brought up together as family?

My only experience with bobcats was a sad one about a month ago. Around THanksgiving, we found one on the side of the road - we stopped to see if it was someone's pet we could help, and my husband realized it was a bobcat kitten. It had been hit by a car and sadly didn't survive by the time we got there.

He put it in the back of his truck and we brought it home. We called around to check for permission to see if we could donate it to the local nature sanctuary so they could use it in their museum for teaching. The state police couldn't believe it was actually real, and referred us to the guy in charge of wildlife, and he said ABSOLUTELY NOT. (rude, too,he hung up on my husband - the guy had to be having a bad day). He said it's illegal in Connecticut to have them and to bring it back to where we found it. So we drove 20 minutes back there and put the poor thing on the side of the road. Such a waste of a sweet baby animal. THey're so unusual to find around here, it was so sad to see it never got to grow up. Beautiful. It was loaded with ticks, too. I can only imagine what the life of these animals must be, with our homes encroacing on their land and their trying to survive the winters.

So I will have to live vicariously through your amazing stories of living with these beauties. I am just in awe that they are living so happily in your home and that you have dedicated so much to them.

Donna and Milo

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is how ignorant I am about bobcats: I figured they would eat domestic cats as prey....would that ever happen in the wild if they weren't brought up together as family?
It all depends on how hungry the bobcat was. There are also different species of bobcats. The southern spotted bobcat is smaller, ranging in size from 20-30 pounds and the northwest bobcat which is much larger. They can grow to 60-70 pounds, but average a 40-50 pounds or so. So, I would say a northwest wild bobcat could prey on domestic cats, but I don't think a domestic cat is on the top of their prey list. They feed on rabbits, small deer and other creatures smaller than themselves. Our bobcats were born and raised in captivity with constant human contact, along with our domestic cats. Our bobcats are the northwest bobcat. Nakoma is our largest at close to 60 pounds. These bobcats really love the cold and boy do they love the snow!!
So sad you had to find that poor baby along side of the road. Seems strange that it would be so little at this time of the year. They normally have their young in the spring. It does seem such a waste, that they could not have used him/her for educational purpose.
I didn't mean to take over your welcome thread...sorry
You can check out this thread on TCS as well. Lots of pictures too http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=EXOTIC