Alert-there is a scam online pet store!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister ordered some Christmas stuff for me from an online site called
WorldPetStore.com. The address is in Chillicothe,OH.

THIS PLACE IS A SCAM!!!

It has many BBB complaints and the 800 # is out of service and the other line is a generic answer machine.

PLUS................. my sister had her CC denied today at a store and she contacted her CC company and has at least $11,000 in fraudulent CC charges-so her CC immediately canceled her one and only CC. She is going back to VA without one.

So PLEASE do not order ANYTHING from this site and pass this info on to all your pet friends. You can google the name to read reports about this place.
**We think this place is out of business.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

My sister ordered some Christmas stuff for me from an online site called
WorldPetStore.com. The address is in Chillicothe,OH.

THIS PLACE IS A SCAM!!!

It has many BBB complaints and the 800 # is out of service and the other line is a generic answer machine.

PLUS................. my sister had her CC denied today at a store and she contacted her CC company and has at least $11,000 in fraudulent CC charges-so her CC immediately canceled her one and only CC. She is going back to VA without one.

So PLEASE do not order ANYTHING from this site and pass this info on to all your pet friends. You can google the name to read reports about this place.
**We think this place is out of business.
I'm not sure I understand. So is the $11,000 in fraudulent charges from this world pet store company? Or is that 2 different issues?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

I'm not sure I understand. So is the $11,000 in fraudulent charges from this world pet store company? Or is that 2 different issues?
Sounds to me like they took her cc information and began to make other charges on their own (i.e. it's an individual behind the site, rather than a company).

Thanks for the warning

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The site says they are hosted by Yahoo! Store. If that is true, perhaps you can also contact Yahoo! Store about this site.
So sorry this happened to your sister

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's horrible! I hope that the CC will cancel, send her a new one, and not make her pay! Why do people have to cheat those who have worked so hard?
I hope they get what they deserve and more.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's terrible!

Has she contacted the police to make a report about credit card theft?

And what about that $11,000? I hope she isn't responsible for the debt!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Didn't see much to be alarmed at when I googled the name, but I did check the Better Business Bureau to see what they have. On the basis of their report, I'd certainly be avoiding this merchant.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Didn't see much to be alarmed at when I googled the name, but I did check the Better Business Bureau to see what they have. On the basis of their report, I'd certainly be avoiding this merchant.
Yeah, I checked the BBB report too. I've seen worse but from what I did see I wouldn't be using them either. About half the issues were resolved but the other half they didn't respond to even.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Sounds to me like they took her cc information and began to make other charges on their own (i.e. it's an individual behind the site, rather than a company).

Thanks for the warning
Yeah that's what it sounds like but it isn't really clear.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could also be that the site was hacked, it doesn't seem like the BBB has complaints of that nature.

While I am not saying you should buy from them, particularly right now if they have a problem, BBB records can also be flawed, in the company I worked for, we had a fraudulant complaint made against us (the guy had work done by a similar company, but our trucks carry advertising, the one used was plain white, we have no one looking like the workers he mentioned, our guys were all scheduled in different cities etc

Despite us contacting the BBB as soon as we received the complaint from them, it said no response for 3 months, unless the issue is resolved, they do not change the status. So some of those issues could be being dealt with through the post office etc for shipping reasons and show as unresolved but in reality be resolved.

Those complaints are over 36 months also, 46 is a lot of complaints, but what BBB reports do not show is if they are 46 complaints out of 100 transactions or a million transactions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the CC company is faxing her Dec statement to my DH. He hasn't called yet so we don't know all the fradulent charges, but she is thinking about $20-21 thousand in fraudulent charges. She isn't responsible for them thank goodness. So she doesn't know if her CC was ripped from this site or not. She is going to make a BBB report however.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Well the CC company is faxing her Dec statement to my DH. He hasn't called yet so we don't know all the fradulent charges, but she is thinking about $20-21 thousand in fraudulent charges. She isn't responsible for them thank goodness. So she doesn't know if her CC was ripped from this site or not. She is going to make a BBB report however.
Glad the charges will be taken care of. So she still doesn't even know if any of them are from this company? Did they not send the stuff she bought for you? I'd wait and see if the charges were made by them and if they were, then file a report. That way she'd have more details too.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, your poor sister! Thanks for the heads up - i will stay far away from that site.