Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to college part time and I planned on just taking English Comp I for next semester, which is a 4 credit hour course. However, I just learned today that I cannot fall below 6 hours or I will have to start repaying my loans
cannot afford that at this point in time, so I am forced to pick another class
I picked the lesser of 2 evils (IMO) and went with Principles of Macroeconomics over College Algebra. As some of you know I really struggled with Microeconomics this last semster, but I have been told Macro is easier, I can only hope!!

I'll save the big, bad College Algebra for the Fall
along with English Comp II

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm going to college part time and I planned on just taking English Comp I for next semester, which is a 4 credit hour course. However, I just learned today that I cannot fall below 6 hours or I will have to start repaying my loans
cannot afford that at this point in time, so I am forced to pick another class
I picked the lesser of 2 evils (IMO) and went with Principles of Macroeconomics over College Algebra. As some of you know I really struggled with Microeconomics this last semster, but I have been told Macro is easier, I can only hope!!

I'll save the big, bad College Algebra for the Fall
along with English Comp II

As a former English Minor I'll be happy to help you if you need me. I never had to take Marco, but I understand that it's not that bad.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I really enjoyed macroeconomics in college, i.e., I found it much more interesting than microeconomics. Good luck with it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

As a former English Minor I'll be happy to help you if you need me. I never had to take Marco, but I understand that it's not that bad.
Thanks Heather! I was the proud recipient of a D after the second exam in Micro and had a small panic attack....somehow I ended up with a final grade of a B-! Might have had something to do with the group final
I think the teacher was as desperate for everyone to pass as the students were

Originally Posted by jcat

I really enjoyed macroeconomics in college, i.e., I found it much more interesting than microeconomics. Good luck with it!
that gives me hope! Thanks Tricia!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooh, I remember I liked both Macro & Micro
, but Macro was the better of the 2!

GOOD LUCK! I loved my college English courses!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Ooooh, I remember I liked both Macro & Micro
, but Macro was the better of the 2!

GOOD LUCK! I loved my college English courses!
I only have to take Micro and Macro cause I'm a business major with ulterior motives
I really don't like business too much, can't wait til I take Accounting

I always liked English so I am looking forward to that at least! If there's anything I can do it's write

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I only have to take Micro and Macro cause I'm a business major with ulterior motives

I always liked English so I am looking forward to that at least! If there's anything I can do it's write
I was a Business Mgmt & Admin major & I hated accounting.... still do

Good luck with the algebra too, I hated that one as well

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I would take algebra over economics any day!
They actually told me I didn't have to take algebra, I could jump right into calculus
Heck no! It's been 10 years since I've taken math and was never good at it to begin with

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

Accounting was a piece of cake for me compared to Economics. I just found economics boring and had a bad professor.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

They actually told me I didn't have to take algebra, I could jump right into calculus
Heck no! It's been 10 years since I've taken math and was never good at it to begin with
I made it though 3 semesters of Calculus, Differential Equations and 2 semesters of Discrete Mathematics before I ran screaming. I didn't have to take College algebra. I had that one covered.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh good Lord, you can tell I've never been to college! Although I took Algebra and Trig/Calculus in highschool, I have no idea what you guys are talking about! GoodLuck Katie!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I was a Business Mgmt & Admin major & I hated accounting.... still do
Accounting might not be bad, I like putting everything in order so Accting might appeal to me in that sense

Accounting was a piece of cake for me compared to Economics. I just found economics boring and had a bad professor.
I had a bad prof for Micro, almost 2/3rds of the class dropped! Econ was really hard for me to grasp the concept for some reason

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I made it though 3 semesters of Calculus, Differential Equations and 2 semesters of Discrete Mathematics before I ran screaming. I didn't have to take College algebra. I had that one covered.
Just reading that makes my head hurt
I hate math!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh thank goodness I don't have to take that much!! I would end up curled in the fetal position

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh good Lord, you can tell I've never been to college! Although I took Algebra and Trig/Calculus in highschool, I have no idea what you guys are talking about! GoodLuck Katie!
Thanks Susie! I took those in high school too, but it's more "teacher taught" in HS than college is

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I would take algebra over economics any day!
Same here //// I saw the economics word and ran for cover .... but I did get a dose of each in Goverment and Macro was so much easier

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck, Katie!

I loved English comp 1 and 2 and aced them both. I remember writing an essay that my comp 1 professor said was publishable, which made me very happy.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well if it helps, the second one does make more sense.

i would love to help, i am good at idea and such.

errr, but i would not ask me to write your papers ehhee.