Tell me Im not crazy...

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH mentioned needing a couple of nights away and at such short notice(he said it last night) I couldnt find anywhere to watch our babies so I booked two nights at Hampton Inn which is 20 minutes down the road...for us(mom paid for it saying everyone needs time away...she also gave us gift cards to various local restaraunts for tonight and tomorrow night) I booked us so close so that it would be possible to still let the dogs out and feed the cats...LOL So am I crazy?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, your not crazy!!
If you cant find anyone you trust to care for your pets, than you have to do what you have to do!!!

PS....have fun on your night away!!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think that is too crazy
When my DH and I decide we need to get away, we actually vacation at home. We turn his cell phone on (which is normally off) and let our parents know to contact there but only for emergencies. Then we get a ton of movies and "quick fix" food. We turn the ringer off on the phone and pretend that we are not there. We even tell our friends that we are going off for the weekend. When asked we just tell them it is our secret getaway spot!
We just curl up and watch movies for a weekend. It is much cheaper too! Which is a bonus because money is usually tight for us. now you know our secret--don't tell!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL thats great I never thought of doing that with the phones...awesome Idea for next time your secret is safe with me

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, not on such short notice - enjoy and have fun

Actually we stayed at a hotel about 5 miles from our house for our honeymoon and NO one to this day knows where we stayed
We kept it as a secret - they all think we went to the other side of the city

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope,...you´re not crazy!
...Just bit nuts!
just kidding my friend!...

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Nope, your not crazy!!
If you cant find anyone you trust to care for your pets, than you have to do what you have to do!!!
good advise!..

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

PS....have fun on your night away!!
ABSOLUTELY!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it is crazy, my sister camps at the lake 5 minutes from home so she can, go home and check on the cat, they take their little dog with them.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
No, you're quite sane!

Whe nI lived with my Mom, even though I got on well with her, I sometimes thought of just spending a weekend in the local B&B just down the street. (I never did.). I just wanted to be alone, and thought it would be fun to be catered to for a weekend. But then, I took up Civil War reenacting, so I got to go away for weekends, and spend time alone in hotels once in awhile.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think you're crazy. Time away doesn't need to be on the other side of the world, it only needs to be "away". This way you can tend the critters, but be in a "different world" that doesn't insist you do the stuff you need a break from. It may not be perfect, but it's a good compromise, and a whole lot better than not getting that break.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, Brandi - don't feel as if you're alone!
People tell me I'M crazy, when I refuse to stay away from home for even one night, if I don't have anyone to take care of my furbabies.

I don't think you're crazy at all. I think you're just a good Meowmy, who loves her furbabies!

~KK~

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that was a great idea! You have your getaway, without the worry you usually have when you have a pet sitter.

(LOL, I'm just glad he wanted a getaway WITH you - I was afraid it was the other way.)