KatKwiz Rules as of January 1, 2008

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

KatKwiz is a kwiz about kats. A kwiz that shows new members how to use The Cat Site to find information about cats. A new member is defined as a Kitten, Young Cat, Adult Cat, Alpha Cat, or Super Cat. Top Cats cannot compete for points. It also has questions to teach you how to find information and accomplish actions using The Cat Site. Each day a question will be posted at various times of the day between 0001 - 2359 GMT (to allow people in different time zones around the world an equal chance), which can be answered by using The Cat Site.The contest lasts for 8 hours. If there are no winners, the points remain in the bank. All questions can be answered somewhere on The Cat Site. Persi & Alley reserve the right to PM apparent winners to see if you used The Cat Site to find your answer, (rather than Google) because the objective of KatKwiz is to show new members how to use The Cat Site.

The daily winner, (the KatKwiz Whiz of the day), is the first one that can find an answer on The Cat Site that answers the question and can prove it came from The Cat Site, if PMd by Persi or Alley. If there is a conflict of answers on the Cat Site, the person who finds one of the "correct" answers first is still the winner and the moderators will be notified of the conflict. By using a fill in the blank approach, any conflicting information should be all but eliminated.

All you do is supply what is in the blank, taken directly off of The Cat Site.
Here is an example daily KatKwiz question:

Flat Chested Kitten Syndrome is a deformity of a kitten's ribs and sternum (breastbone).The medical term for this is ___________.

The blank can be one or more words.

Each day's winner wins 1% of the KatKwiz bank account, at the time of the payout. I will always give one way of finding the answer when the points are awarded. There may be many more. Here is an example for the above question:

Click on Cat Health in the upper right corner.
Click on Flat Chested Kitten (FCK)
Read the answer Pectus Excavatum in the first paragraph.

All you supply is the word or words in the blank. Do not show how you obtained the answer.

Even If you do not like games, stop by every day to learn something about The Cat Site you may not have already known (even if you are a Top Cat). So, every day watch The Cat Lounge for the title

*****KatKwiz - Date*****

You may have to scroll a long way to find it because a post only gets refreshed when there is a new answer, and The Cat Lounge is a very active forum. Just because somebody has already answered, it may not be correct. You may still have the winning answer after being PMd by the KatKwiz cats, so go ahead and submit your answer. Or just say "good answer" to refresh the post.

Where do the points come from?

The majority of points in the KatKwiz account are donated by members. This account earns interest. Each day the daily winner is paid 1% of the current bank account which represents the interest the account earns. So, as an example, if the balance was 52,284 points, you would win 522 points (just look at the first three numbers!) I also make points posting, which along with member's donated points, allow the bank balance to keep going up, which allows a higher payout in the future.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Persi & Alley reserve the right to PM apparent winners to see if you used The Cat Site to find your answer, (rather than Google) because the objective of KatKwiz is to show new members how to use The Cat Site.
I just want to suggest that those participating take note of the thread/post where they find the answer to a question, for example by sending themselves a PM (yes, that's possible) with a link to it, just in case any questions arise.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

KatKwiz is a kwiz about kats. A kwiz that shows new members how to use The Cat Site to find information about cats. A new member is defined as a Kitten, Young Cat, Adult Cat, Alpha Cat, or Super Cat. Top Cats cannot compete for points. It also has questions to teach you how to find information and accomplish actions using The Cat Site. Each day a question will be posted at various times of the day between 0001 - 2359 GMT (to allow people in different time zones around the world an equal chance), which can be answered by using The Cat Site.The contest lasts for 8 hours. If there are no winners, the points remain in the bank. All questions can be answered somewhere on The Cat Site. Persi & Alley reserve the right to PM apparent winners to see if you used The Cat Site to find your answer, (rather than Google) because the objective of KatKwiz is to show new members how to use The Cat Site.

The daily winner, (the KatKwiz Whiz of the day), is the first one that can find an answer on The Cat Site that answers the question and can prove it came from The Cat Site, if PMd by Persi or Alley. If there is a conflict of answers on the Cat Site, the person who finds one of the "correct" answers first is still the winner and the moderators will be notified of the conflict. By using a fill in the blank approach, any conflicting information should be all but eliminated.

All you do is supply what is in the blank, taken directly off of The Cat Site.
Here is an example daily KatKwiz question:

Flat Chested Kitten Syndrome is a deformity of a kitten's ribs and sternum (breastbone).The medical term for this is ___________.

The blank can be one or more words.

Each day's winner wins 1% of the KatKwiz bank account, at the time of the payout. I will always give one way of finding the answer when the points are awarded. There may be many more. Here is an example for the above question:

Click on Cat Health in the upper right corner.
Click on Flat Chested Kitten (FCK)
Read the answer Pectus Excavatum in the first paragraph.

All you supply is the word or words in the blank. Do not show how you obtained the answer.

Even If you do not like games, stop by every day to learn something about The Cat Site you may not have already known (even if you are a Top Cat). So, every day watch The Cat Lounge for the title

*****KatKwiz - Date*****

You may have to scroll a long way to find it because a post only gets refreshed when there is a new answer, and The Cat Lounge is a very active forum. Just because somebody has already answered, it may not be correct. You may still have the winning answer after being PMd by the KatKwiz cats, so go ahead and submit your answer. Or just say "good answer" to refresh the post.

Where do the points come from?

The majority of points in the KatKwiz account are donated by members. This account earns interest. Each day the daily winner is paid 1% of the current bank account which represents the interest the account earns. So, as an example, if the balance was 52,284 points, you would win 522 points (just look at the first three numbers!) I also make points posting, which along with member's donated points, allow the bank balance to keep going up, which allows a higher payout in the future.
Wow i'm a top cat. And i cannot play anymore...can i have my 10000 points back?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Wow i'm a top cat. And i cannot play anymore...can i have my 10,000 points back?
That was a generous contribution, which will help new members, which we all were at one point, find their way around here! (I know you're just kidding).

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

That was a generous contribution, which will help new members, which we all were at one point, find their way around here! (I know you're just kidding).
Poo, you caught me out