Meet my kitty in-laws!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I finally got some pictures of my MIL's cats and two bonus cats! Of course, these aren't all of them... the rest were either hiding or sunning themselves in the field.

Here's Mama... I'd really like to make her a spoiled house cat if I could. She's so sweet. It's hard to see since the sun was so bright but she's a beautiful and lovely dilute tortie...

This is Max... he's a little shy around people other than my MIL so I had to zoom quite a bit to get the close shot...

This is Little Mo (he's the only surviving kitten from Mama's last litter) and he's not so little anymore! He's a big love bug too and loves to walk under foot. He even tried to help us clean the mud off my shoes later and only managed to get in the way and knock over the jug of water.

I only managed to get one of Mikey before SHE ran off and hid... some of the cats are more feral like than others... She's a beautiful long-hair tortie.

Then we spotted a big black longhair on the edge of the field. I got close enough for a pic but then he/she hopped down when I got too close.

And last we spotted this very pretty calico... w/ a collar. She let me get close enough to read her tag before retreating. She belongs to the neighbors across the street.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the second pic of Mama she's burrying the side of her head into my hand. She pushes so hard that she'll fall over if you take your hand away.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately little Mo didn't make it through the winter. She does take OK care of them but none of them are vetted which can be heartbreaking at times. It was this weekend a little. I have told her though, that the next time the Neuter Scooter is in their area I'm taking a personal day to get Mama spayed. There are other females around but she seems to be the only one having litters. And with out further adu...

Here's some better ones of Mama...
Once again, letting me know what she thinks!

And a nice profile pic... she want's love all the time so it's hard to get her to sit still for pictures.

This is Mama with her first daughter at my MIL's place... Tiggy! She's the one that was breaking my heart. Her left foreleg was VERY swollen this weekend. Well, they didn't even vet Chubs (my hubby's dog from college) when he was limping for over a week... so they weren't going to do anything about Tiggy. DH asked about an ER vet and even offered to pay because he knew it was killing me to see her like that. We didn't get the chance to. Tiggy let me look and I'm hoping it's just a sprain or small fracture. I don't think there's nerve damage as she seems to be able to feel her toes. We'll be back down next weekend and if she's still the same we WILL take her to a Vet.
Mama's on the left and Tiggy's behind her on the right. (you can see her holding her paw up)

This is Max again. He's a Tom cat and it shows... he's been in quite a few fights and he's still very hand shy.

And last but not least... Mama's newest litter. Only two this time and I'm betting that the big black long hair I originally posted is the dad. They are both LH and super fluffy.

The black one is pretty brave. I got to be the first person to play with them. Just string and some tiny wiffle balls on yarn. This little one was all about the play. She's a girl and much braver than her sister(?). She wanted ALL the toys!

And here's her sister(?) I think... she was VERY shy and so I couldn't check but her coloring makes me think she's a girl. She played a little and it was so cute when she would get carried away and end up too close to me. She'd look up and you could almost see her thinking "Crap! How'd she (me) get so close!" and she's run away.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, it would be so hard not to leave with all those kitties. They seem mostly healthy and happy, but I wish they were speutered and loved inside with nice people like we have here at TCS (not that your MIL is not nice, but it breaks my heart to hear stories about kitties not getting vetted).

Those kittens are adorable. I love the tortie's facial markings.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tell her she can take my word for it. Yeah, it's $$ to fix 'em, but shoot, we spend FAR less in food bills now that they're fixed. (I'm talking, we were paying $120/month to feed 40+ cats. We're now paying around $40/month to feed 15 cats)

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

Oh my goodness, it would be so hard not to leave with all those kitties. They seem mostly healthy and happy, but I wish they were speutered and loved inside with nice people like we have here at TCS (not that your MIL is not nice, but it breaks my heart to hear stories about kitties not getting vetted).

Those kittens are adorable. I love the tortie's facial markings.
Isn't she a doll?! Ya, the vetting bothers me... but much more so when one of them is in obvious pain.

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Tell her she can take my word for it. Yeah, it's $$ to fix 'em, but shoot, we spend FAR less in food bills now that they're fixed. (I'm talking, we were paying $120/month to feed 40+ cats. We're now paying around $40/month to feed 15 cats)
WOW! What a huge difference! I'll definitely let her know and tell her that I'm willing to come down and help her catch them all and handle them for it too.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow they are beautiful! Are there no vets around your MIL's place? Its unbearable to see animals in pain and be unable to seek a vet's assistance. What happened to Little Mo? Was he sick?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Wow they are beautiful! Are there no vets around your MIL's place? Its unbearable to see animals in pain and be unable to seek a vet's assistance. What happened to Little Mo? Was he sick?
They have a vet but they don't really believe in vetting the barn cats. Basically, unless the animal is dying they let it go.

I'm not entirely sure what happened to little Mo. I don't think he was sick but I often don't ask for details because it's too upsetting.