What was your favorite movie of 2007?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just curious about others picks of movie releases 2007. I have a top 5, not necessarily in this order....
1) Knocked Up
2) Transformers
3) Superbad
4) I Am Legend
5) i am leaving open because I know I am missing one!

Whats your favorite movie?

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Superbad and Knocked Up were HILARIOUS! They are def both on my list. My others would be Because I Said So, Mr. Brooks, and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. Hairspray was really good as well.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really loved a lot of movies that came out this year.... 1408, Knocked Up, Chuck and Larry, The Waitress, Ratatouille, License to Wed, Bee Movie, National Treasure, and I know I'm forgetting some!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like Eragon but I think that actually came out in Dec of 2006. Transformers was really good and I did like Stardust and Fantastic 4.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I haven't seen all the films out for 2007 yet, because our theater doesn't get them until a month after release. But, I'll list what I've seen.

1. No Country for Old Men
This film was amazing on so many different levels. So much so that I plan on buying it just so I can rewatch it several times.

2. Juno
It was cute, fun, and funny. I swear that Juno is my internal dialogue.

3. King of Kong
Nothing says nerd like a documentary about a guy trying to get the high score in Donkey Kong. It's heart warming. Really.

I still have to see: There Will be Blood, Persepholis, and Sweeney Todd. I've rented Once, Zodiac, and a few other films that didn't make it to Cleveland.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pirates of the Carribean - At world's end and Ratatouille
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix wasn't bad, but the books are always better. The special effects were very good.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Oh my, I think I've been out to the movies maybe 3 times the whole year.

I saw:

The Last King of Scotland (I think that was this year)
good acting, but I was disappointed that there was very little historical context. It could have been a much more interesting movie.

The Simpson Movie
Not the perfect movie, but a perfect treat for a Simpsons geek like me. So funny!

Shake Hands with the Devil (I think that's a Canadian movie)
That was a great film! Excellent acting (I never liked Roy Dupuis before but I was very happily surprised) and a really sad movie. I have seen many movies and documentaries about Rwanda already, but I was still shaken after watching this.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

I was just curious about others picks of movie releases 2007. I have a top 5, not necessarily in this order....
1) Knocked Up
2) Transformers
3) Superbad
4) I Am Legend
5) i am leaving open because I know I am missing one!

Whats your favorite movie?
Year after year they purposely save the best movies to release in December.
Last night I saw the most anticipated movie in 4 years, since the publication of the book.

The Kite Runner

The fact that my wife speaks Farsi has nothing to do with my pick.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Year after year they purposely save the best movies to release in December.
Last night I saw the most anticipated movie in 4 years, since the publication of the book.

The Kite Runner

The fact that my wife speaks Farsi has nothing to do with my pick.
That's because of the Oscar race. The studios try to cram in the best movies in hopes of being the last movie a reviewer sees at the end of the year. Some study done shows that the last movie one sees is the one that sticks out the most.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

I totally almost forgot Harry Potter! and the Simpsons movie!
You almost forgot The Simpsons??? And you people in New Hampshire are supposed to almost always be able pick our next President? BTW, whose your pick? Oh never mind, that's for IMO!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was a weak year for movies, I thought. I did enjoy 1408 -- Stephen King's stories so rarely translate well on the screen, but that one was excellent! (My crush on John Cusack may have influenced my opinion a bit, though.
)

Although Sicko was not what you'd call a feel-good movie (ha!), it certainly did a good job of calling attention to the obscenity that is the American health insurance system.

But I'm sure that when I finally get over to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets, it will instantly become my top movie of the year! The original is one of my all-time favorites!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the only movie I've seen from this year is Shrek the Third..and my opinion is that they made one Shrek movie too many. It was a big disappointment after the first two.

I'm not much into the movies they make these days.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't see all that many movies in the theatre, but there were a few this year. And it's Ratatouille that stands out for me.

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1) Into the Wild
2) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
3) Walk Hard
4) 30 Days of Night
5) 1408

It's been a long year

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Pirates of the Carribean; At World's End. Love it!
yeh totally! all 3 film's are sensational! Johnny Depp's my favourite actor, & he's such a good one aswel!

also, am into my horror's, so i'd say Saw IV, & i adored The Simpson's Movie LOL