Holden may be insane.

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He recently started doing "power laps" around the apartment. He just takes off like a rocket and runs this "course" around the place. He runs from the bathroom hallway, into my bedroom, over the bed, across the computer desk, into the living room, behind the TV, over the end table, across the back of the couch, into the kitchen (where he slides across the floor while trying to turn), over his food dish and back into the bathroom hallway where he takes a second to breathe and does it again! Sometimes he is kind of "yelling" when he does it. Making this weird not-quite-meowing noise. It almost sounds like he is saying, "brooowwww rrrooowwwww" almost growling. It is pretty cute and totally knocks him out..lol

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we had a cat once, and I was cleaning some engine bits with petrol in the garage. She came up and started drinking it and whent loopy, ran around the garage three times, up the walls and across the shelves and just came back down and laid there in the middle of the garage floor motionless.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holden sounds like a typical kitty to me. Aristotle does the same thing. You hear a chirrup and then he takes off.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Insane?!?!?

Imagine 6 cats doing this at the same time and the noise they can generate. Holden sounds pretty sane to me!! It is you that he is trying to make insane!

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is what we call the "zoomies" in my house. They just have to release that energy sometimes and then in Zoe's case she usually settles right down pretty quickly afterwards. We get a big kick out of her antics though...

I can only imagine lots of kitties doing it together, Momofmany....duck for cover!!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My five all do that at least once a day tear through the house like the devil was chasing them. Its so cute when they do it..

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We call it the "Cat Crazies" in our house and all three do it.
Elliott is the worst by far though...he's 17 pounds and when he decides to go "crazy" upstairs it sounds like he's going to come right through the ceiling!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's much louder with hard wood floors. Our last house was all wood floors and it sometimes sounded like thunder in the house. But it's still pretty darn loud on carpet!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds normal to me! But it never gets old, it always amuses me. My cat likes to talk anyway, rarely shuts up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes he will incorporate the chair I am sitting in into his race track. Then I get a nice set of kitty claw marks on my shoulders.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spyral

Sometimes he will incorporate the chair I am sitting in into his race track. Then I get a nice set of kitty claw marks on my shoulders.
always a nice touch

When my kitties get going it sounds like a herd of elephants and anyone not joining in is bound to get bowled over
me included!!

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
haha, I call that a "kitty stampede" at my house and it is definately a nightly occurance. My house is a big square too so they have the perfect ready made race track. I guess I am lucky in that regard, their circle is all layed out for them so normally I don't get bowled over if I am sitting down, if I happen to be standing up when the stampeding starts though, I am definately going to end up getting run over!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Insane?!?!?

Imagine 6 cats doing this at the same time and the noise they can generate. Holden sounds pretty sane to me!! It is you that he is trying to make insane!
Except in my case you would add 7 more cats to that.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Running around like a bunch of wild banshees is SOP in my household - in which the activity usually occurs after they've had their breakfast. It's especially funny to watch when Winchester joins in, b/c he's so big.
Or when the wooden kitchen floor has been freshly waxed, and they lose their footing and go sliding across it like they are on a skating rink..

~KK~

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by badninjakitties

I was reading part of this thread to my DH and he is currently making up a kitty crazy song to the theme of Bonanza!
I love my husband!!
He always keeps me laughing!!
A most appropriate choice of musical score!
It's called "skitties" here. We have a ready made track, too, through livingroom, dining room, back hall (bounce off wall), front hall, down seven stairs in two bounds, quick 180 and a third bound onto the railing with a "I'm cute
" face for the admiring humans in the stands.
Usually only one cat at a time -- they seem to have different ideas as to when is the right time, for which I'm grateful!