Remember when I had the police called on me?

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well here is the reason, she is the sweetiest baby, she had tar or oil all over her that freezing morning when I saw her running down the rode into the airport. this pic was taken earlier tonight, Jace was laying on the ground, he actually got about a ft. away from her~ she is the reason I got the cops called on me a few wks ago. she was the one I had my trap out for, she watched all of it, standing right at the trap door about to go inside, whenever they all pulled up and got out of their cars! she ran under the tree! and watched from afar, I didn't see her for a few days after that! the next time i saw her she was sitting under this plane, so I go there once or twice a day to feed her, others have come out of the wood work, older cats, if I feed and leave they don't let her eat. they chase her off, i saw this one day after i drove off, so x-mas eve morning it was cold, i went to the airport, and there she was alone! yea!! i got a can of wet food and put it out for her, she went right to it, cause it had been a few days since i'd see her, the others came, so I stepped up out of the car and they all ran, she didn't she just kept eating so I decided I would sit there til she got thru eating, the others could eat the dry food i put down for them, but not until she ate hers! well i got a phone call from my cousin from Chicago and we were talking, i looked in my rearview mirror, and guess who? the cops again.....
he walks up to me and says 'i heard you are up here trapping cats' and i looked at him, (with my cousin still on the phone) and said 'do you see a trap?' he said, 'you don't
have to get rude with me' I could of spit fire on him if I were capable! I felt like saying,.....don't you have to bust a crackhead or something? or don't you have anything better to do beside harrass me over feeding some poor starving cats! I'm not through with all of this, and whoever keeps calling the cops on me, well that isn't getting the job done....oh and my cousin was crackin up on the phone, he asked me ' are you getting arrested?' ha ha ha!
i told him infront of the cop, 'they want to arrest me but they have nothing on me!' anyway i just finally got a picture of my partner in crime! Isn't she the most precious baby??? she watched that confrontation with the law also!
she's probably thinking, that lady sure does get in trouble alot with the law!!!
SHE'S WORTH IT TO ME!!!hopefully one day she will come home with me for good!!!:love
I just thought of her name....."Runway" what do ya'll think?

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I honestly don't believe someone keeps calling the cops on you! There must be cops everywhere to keep finding you! Is there a way you can get a friend to help you and catch the cat by hand when it's eating, rather than trapping it? Or is it too feral?

It seems like this kitty just really needs someone to take it in, and I can't believe the police are being so horrible to you for caring for an animal! It's illegal where I am to feed feral cats or take them in - they're considered pests. We're allowed to humanely kill them if we can get hold of them, but not rescue them. God forbid we help an animal out!

Oh and I forgot to add - that is the CUTEST cat.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww...she's gorgeous! Does she have blue eyes? She looks like a colorpoint.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly can't think of a better name for her than ~Runaway~!! That sounds like a wonderfull name for you and goddbless you for helping her out!! Those mean nasty cops better hope I dont figure out their phone numbers or Ill get them a piece of my mind!! She's so beautiful! I cant wait till you get her home with you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Aww...she's gorgeous! Does she have blue eyes? She looks like a colorpoint.
oh yes! the most clear blue eyes, tan body, white legs with a chocolate brown tail!!! I'm in love!!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why the cops are mad at you.
Cats on a runway/airstrip would not be good, so having you move them to safety would be good, right?

Hang in there. It sounds like you are making huge progress. It took two weeks for my son to be able to catch Captain - and she is worth the effort it took.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's a sad world indeed, when trying to help a poor, sick, helpless animal is construed as being "illegal", but it's ok for the animal's owner to let them roam around in that condition, un-cared for...

Good for you! I would've done the same thing (my mouth gets me in trouble sometimes!). I hope you can finally give this sweet baby a good home.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tobi

I honestly don't believe someone keeps calling the cops on you! There must be cops everywhere to keep finding you! Is there a way you can get a friend to help you and catch the cat by hand when it's eating, rather than trapping it? Or is it too feral?

It seems like this kitty just really needs someone to take it in, and I can't believe the police are being so horrible to you for caring for an animal! It's illegal where I am to feed feral cats or take them in - they're considered pests. We're allowed to humanely kill them if we can get hold of them, but not rescue them. God forbid we help an animal out!

Oh and I forgot to add - that is the CUTEST cat.
I know, makes me start to think there might be something else going on at the airport, something alittle shady, if you know what I mean? And yes there is too many cops for the small town I live! I'm hoping with a few more tries, we can catch her, I think she's really wants us too but it's that bit of feral, that holds on to one! But making process, my son took the picture, and he was laying on the ground infront of her about a ft. away, it will happen, ya'll just pray that it does soon!!! Ferals are hard, but if work with a kitten, early on you have lots better chance of having one ! Although I did socialize my mama cat and she was grown here she is

and My Love kitty

they were both pretty feral, Spooky, came from the carwash also, but he jumped in the truck with us! He came home the 2nd day I started feeding them down there!
I always said I would love to live in Austraila, and no offense, but I don't know now, they can govern what happens to the ferals? What am I saying
over here they don't care about them period! no one does it seems to me, not even the jerk that keeps calling the police on me, that is why I think there is something shady going on and they just don't want me to find it out!
If that is true, they are so dumb, because it raised a red flag to me very quick! The way they never bother to walk up to me and talk to me about what I was doing, and calling the law instead! Sounds kinda fishy too me!!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

It's a sad world indeed, when trying to help a poor, sick, helpless animal is construed as being "illegal", but it's ok for the animal's owner to let them roam around in that condition, un-cared for...

Good for you! I would've done the same thing (my mouth gets me in trouble sometimes!). I hope you can finally give this sweet baby a good home.
I believe my mouth is what will probably what will get me into more trouble then anything else! I seriously don't believe all of these cats in the area I'm feeding have an owner, and if they belong to the man that called the law, it is neglect on his part for not feeding or having them spay/neutered, and I don't buy that crap about keeping wild cats in a barn or outside cause they keep the mice away! after they multiply several times there are no mice left to eat, so what are they suppose to eat? People here are backwards! my cats kill the mice from the woods, they play with them until death, they don't eat them! That is unless I can catch them on time and I'll pick up my cats and bring them inside so the mouse and get away! Now that I've seen how many cats are really there, and I'm seeing new kittens all the time, I am thinking how do they survive, or how would they survive if I didn't supply some other source of food? All the trash from Grandy's Fried Chicken in the dumpster is the source, but they sure do scarf down the food I leave for them also!! Bless their hearts!!!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Originally Posted by Mom of 4

I don't understand why the cops are mad at you.
Cats on a runway/airstrip would not be good, so having you move them to safety would be good, right?

Hang in there. It sounds like you are making huge progress. It took two weeks for my son to be able to catch Captain - and she is worth the effort it took.
they aren't really on the runway or air strip, they are to frightened to be out there, they are staying in a hanger that is closed , they get inside of it at night and sleep, the hanger where I feed them is an open hanger, the plane is chained under a covered stall. I feed them under it so the food doesn't get ruined in the rain and such! I don't understand why they are mad at me either! They are certainly making me mad also! but I'll try to keep myself undercontrol! I thought her name could be "Runway" given the circumstances! whatcha think?

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Runway
I love that name!!! BTW, shes beautiful!!
thanks ! I think she is too!
can I ask the dumbest question ever..... what does BTW stand for? call me dumb or stupid but it is driving me crazy!!! I thought it mean, back to work?

monique

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So is it ill legal to trap a feral? I don't get why the cops care? I guess being in a fairly large city I can't imagine a cop bothering to find anyone trying to trap cats. They have much bigger fish to fry.

She is a beauty, sending Vibes that she gets in that trap SOON!!!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A quick question, have you thought of going to the local police station and introducing yourself to them and explaining what you are doing, etc. That might stop the complaints - if you address the issue before someone calls the police. If you think about the strange things that are happening in and around airports, that is probably why the police have to come out when they receive a complaint. By making them aware of who you are and what you are trying to do, it might make them more of an ally than an adversary.BTW
, Runway is really beautiful and I wish you much success if saving this beautiful cat!!!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

A quick question, have you thought of going to the local police station and introducing yourself to them and explaining what you are doing, etc. That might stop the complaints - if you address the issue before someone calls the police. If you think about the strange things that are happening in and around airports, that is probably why the police have to come out when they receive a complaint. By making them aware of who you are and what you are trying to do, it might make them more of an ally than an adversary.BTY
, Runway is really beautiful and I wish you much success if saving this beautiful cat!!!
It wouldn't hurt to go down and talk to them. I think Runway iss beautiful and I love her name