i really need advice!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cat's (not sure which one), have a pretty good idea though, have been using my lounge as a toilet, and i'm getting tired of it now! they are fully litter trained, another strange thing is they don't do this everyday! any ideas? also what do you suggest i put on the carpet to warn them/keep them away?

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually when a cat does that there is something medically wrong or the cat is not neutered.

Before you waste your money trying to figure out deterrents, you need to take him to the vet. It will save pain and money if you can take his urine sample with you.

Call the vet, he will have ideas on how to collect it.

You cannot train a cat with discipline, yelling or hitting, it doesn't work.
You can modify his behavior though, but not until you know that it is not medical.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for that advice! i will contact the vet, hopefully it's something that can be sorted quite quickly

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a lot of good info on this site for inappropriate peeing and how to prevent it in the future. Even after kitties medical problem is fixed, he will still want to return to the spot because it will have the smell. After you clean the area, you will need to neutralize it. there are many solutions, the cheapest and best I know of is a concoction of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and a drop of dish soap, sprayed on, let sit, and blot out, several time. don't leave the area too wet, too long, or mold may grow, and then you will have to take up the carpet. Just search the site.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

There is a lot of good info on this site for inappropriate peeing and how to prevent it in the future. Even after kitties medical problem is fixed, he will still want to return to the spot because it will have the smell. After you clean the area, you will need to neutralize it. there are many solutions, the cheapest and best I know of is a concoction of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and a drop of dish soap, sprayed on, let sit, and blot out, several time. don't leave the area too wet, too long, or mold may grow, and then you will have to take up the carpet. Just search the site.
thankyou, that was very useful