Spike's tumor is benign, yes BENIGN !!!!!!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The results of Spike's biopsies came back a lot earlier than expected. I think the lab called our vet with the news and they immediately called us.

It's BENIGN !!!!!

The vet removed 2 tumors from the tissue between the toes of his back foot and swore that 99% of these types of tumors are malignant. After she removed them, upon close examination, she even stated them to be either fibro-sarcoma or neuro-sarcoma. The lab thought they were tumors from hair follicles that were just a benign growth.

I'm doing cartwheels right now. We were told to expect the worst and be prepared to go through either radiation or chemo therapy with him.

Is this another case of the TCS positive vibes coming through ?!?!?

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Terrific news for you and Spike! I'm so happy for you!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a picture of the very lucky boy:

He's been so good throughout this entire ordeal. He's got stitches between his toes and even though we know that they are itching to death, he immediately stops licking them when we ask him to. Most dogs would rip out the stitches but he knows we don't want him to do that and so he controls himself.

You couldn't ask for a better dog than Spike. I am so ecstatic that he doesn't have malignant cancer!

If you are wondering what that noise is, its a huge sigh of relief coming out of Kansas!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That news is a wonderful Christmas present for your family!

So glad to hear he's going to be OK. He sounds like a real sweetie.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

That news is a wonderful Christmas present for your family!

So glad to hear he's going to be OK. He sounds like a real sweetie.
Just the bestest Christmas present, I'd say! Here's to the 1%!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yea!!! yea!!!! yea!!! I am so glad to hear this good news!!!!!! Alright Spike!!!!!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! Oh Amy, what a big grin I've got right now! That's just wonderful! Many many hugs to your darlin' Spike!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is such a wonderful Christmas present. And full marks to the lab and the vet, who must have realised you didn't want to worry all over Christmas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone!!

I'm just wallowing in Spike-ness right now. He knows my mood perked up so he's doing his best to lick my face and give me those big ol' slobbering doggie kisses!! When I tried to turn my face away, he just crawled into my lap to get closer (all 90 pounds of him).