My parents house

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there's something wrong in their house. My dad keeps complaining of headaches. My mom has had sinus problems since Saturday. Everytime I come over I start feeling cruddy. I wonder what could be going on?

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There definitely could be something up in there. Have they been checked for mold? Or had the air professionally evaluated for toxins, etc? Both can cause problems like that. It's more common than you might think!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kaete

There definitely could be something up in there. Have they been checked for mold? Or had the air professionally evaluated for toxins, etc? Both can cause problems like that. It's more common than you might think!
No, they haven't had anybody check the air or anything. Hopefully if this continues they will call somebody.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
do they have a air purifier???

how old is the house??

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I think there's something wrong in their house. My dad keeps complaining of headaches. My mom has had sinus problems since Saturday. Everytime I come over I start feeling cruddy. I wonder what could be going on?
I hate to say this, but it could be carbon monoxide...CO is a common and dangerous problem this time of year when folks start turning on the heat...

alyssa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, get a CO monitor - they run like under 20 bucks. Way worth it! Everyone should have one!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have them test for that Radon stuff or have the gas company come out and check things over. Don't wait and see if it goes away. Having headaches all the time might be a sign of these types of things.

Maybe look on the net about radon and see if they have symptoms!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have a carbon manoxide detetor but it's not plugged in because it's messed up. Maybe they need a new one.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long have they been feeling like that?

Carbon monoxide kills quick, so I'm sure its not that if they have been feeling this way for a while.

Please have them get it checked out though.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's only been since the weekend. They'll probably assume it's nothing though and not bother checking into it.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

I hate to say this, but it could be carbon monoxide...CO is a common and dangerous problem this time of year when folks start turning on the heat...
This was my thought also! Usually the first symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning is headache. It's very dangerous, and can quickly be fatal. Please tell your parents to have their house checked right away!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The gas company will come out and test for carbon monoxide, gas and radon at no charge. At least there they do.

If your parents won't call and arrange it, do it for them, because what you describe sounds like poisoned air quality.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a gas leak from our furnace at our old place. We were having terrible headaches. They would come on once we got home. When we figured out the problem, maintenance immediately came over to shut off the gas (it wasn't real cold yet) and I opened the windows. The headaches stopped pretty quick after that.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's feeling better today so it might have just been the sniffles. As for my dad's headaches I think they're from him sitting around all day on the computer and watching TV.