TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My parents house
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My parents house

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I think there's something wrong in their house. My dad keeps complaining of headaches. My mom has had sinus problems since Saturday. Everytime I come over I start feeling cruddy. I wonder what could be going on?
post #2 of 15
There definitely could be something up in there. Have they been checked for mold? Or had the air professionally evaluated for toxins, etc? Both can cause problems like that. It's more common than you might think!
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaete View Post
There definitely could be something up in there. Have they been checked for mold? Or had the air professionally evaluated for toxins, etc? Both can cause problems like that. It's more common than you might think!
No, they haven't had anybody check the air or anything. Hopefully if this continues they will call somebody.
post #4 of 15
do they have a air purifier???

how old is the house??
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
I think there's something wrong in their house. My dad keeps complaining of headaches. My mom has had sinus problems since Saturday. Everytime I come over I start feeling cruddy. I wonder what could be going on?
I hate to say this, but it could be carbon monoxide...CO is a common and dangerous problem this time of year when folks start turning on the heat...
post #6 of 15
Yeah, get a CO monitor - they run like under 20 bucks. Way worth it! Everyone should have one!
post #7 of 15
Have them test for that Radon stuff or have the gas company come out and check things over. Don't wait and see if it goes away. Having headaches all the time might be a sign of these types of things.

Maybe look on the net about radon and see if they have symptoms!
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
They have a carbon manoxide detetor but it's not plugged in because it's messed up. Maybe they need a new one.
post #9 of 15
How long have they been feeling like that?

Carbon monoxide kills quick, so I'm sure its not that if they have been feeling this way for a while.

Please have them get it checked out though.
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
It's only been since the weekend. They'll probably assume it's nothing though and not bother checking into it.
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBella View Post
I hate to say this, but it could be carbon monoxide...CO is a common and dangerous problem this time of year when folks start turning on the heat...
This was my thought also! Usually the first symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning is headache. It's very dangerous, and can quickly be fatal. Please tell your parents to have their house checked right away!
post #12 of 15
The gas company will come out and test for carbon monoxide, gas and radon at no charge. At least there they do.

If your parents won't call and arrange it, do it for them, because what you describe sounds like poisoned air quality.
post #13 of 15
Gosh yes -- don't wait a moment! Call the fire department, if nothing else... they'll check too.
post #14 of 15
We had a gas leak from our furnace at our old place. We were having terrible headaches. They would come on once we got home. When we figured out the problem, maintenance immediately came over to shut off the gas (it wasn't real cold yet) and I opened the windows. The headaches stopped pretty quick after that.
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
My mom's feeling better today so it might have just been the sniffles. As for my dad's headaches I think they're from him sitting around all day on the computer and watching TV.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My parents house