Cuddling?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This really isn't a problem, just something I've been wondering about.

When Daphne was younger, she and Seb slept together and he bathed her, especially her ears

I haven't seen them cuddle in the last few months. They could be while I am at work but I doubt it. They will, very rarely, sleep in their little beds next to each other, but not touching.

They still play together, eat together, there doesn't seem to be any animosity. Is Daphne just asserting her independence as a young adult cat?

Thanks

emchelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Is Daphne just asserting her independence as a young adult cat?
Perhaps. Honestly, we have a family group (a mom and three of her grown kittens) and they rarely snuggle with each other. They play together, eat together, they'll even groom each other. But they hardly ever snuggle.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys don't sleep together as much anymore. But they still do, so maybe you're missing a few naps.

A while back I got a basket for Tomas and put a piece of fleece in it but neither cat would use it. I added a piece of memory foam to make it softer and now both of them will try to sleep in it at the same time, which looks rather crowded but does result in the two of them curling up together or Tomas curling up on top of Sho.

As long as both of them are still affectionate with each other then all is well. I'm sure there are many people around here who wish their cats would be so friendly with each other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

As long as both of them are still affectionate with each other then all is well. I'm sure there are many people around here who wish their cats would be so friendly with each other.
I know you're right
I was just curious as to why. I am sooooo grateful they get along. In such a tiny space it would be hellish if they did not. They are still affectionate, when passing each other, one will make a point to rub against the other as they pass. Its sweet.

Thought maybe one thought the other was a bed hog or maybe has some b.o. or something
Daphne does like to sleep all stretched out so maybe that is part of it. Seb is the spooner