I hope my babies are ok

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls have been without us for 2 1/2 weeks now, I hope they're ok! They are with a housesitter, so I feel good knowing that they have company, but my neighbours said the lady never opens the front blinds - that's where the cat tree is where they sleep in the sun and watch the world go by.

I only hope that she's been putting out extra food when needed, keeping an eye when the water gets low, and playing with Stumpy a bit.

I've been fretting constantly, and the lady only replies to the 2 emails I've sent with her BlackBerry, so they're 5 word answers! 3 more sleeps and we can go home to our babies.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We SO know how you feel about the fretting! I hate it when we have to leave the kitties.

I'm glad you'll be home in a few days. Strange the sitter doesn't open the blinds! How often did she commit to stopping by the house?

Do you have the kind of relationship with your neighbor that they have keys to your house? Maybe next time you have to leave for a couple of weeks, you ask her to pop over once or twice just to check on things.... ??????????????

Have a very safe trip home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw! I'm sure they are fine or she would have contacted you. I'd be a mess if I was away from my babies that long no matter what, so I don't blame you for being anxious for news!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I so know how you feel!!

A few years ago I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and my brother was stopping into feed my kitties, and so was the caretaker. My brother is reliable when it comes to his own affairs, but tends to slack when it comes to others, so I felt a bit better knowing that my caretaker was checking in on things.

When I got home my kitties were so happy to see me, especially Abby. For weeks after that she didn't let me out of her sight and her and Chynna were pasted up against me whenever I sat or laid down.

I'm sure your babies are fine, but I'm sure they miss you guys, Smudge especially because she is such a Daddy's girl
They'll be wanting extra cuddles that's for sure

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know how you feel, i have only been gone a few days. Even though i know my friend is living there, and cares about the cats. Its not the same.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, I have heard kitty mutterings about a wild party at Lily, Stumpy, and Smudge's...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

We SO know how you feel about the fretting! I hate it when we have to leave the kitties.

I'm glad you'll be home in a few days. Strange the sitter doesn't open the blinds! How often did she commit to stopping by the house?

Do you have the kind of relationship with your neighbor that they have keys to your house? Maybe next time you have to leave for a couple of weeks, you ask her to pop over once or twice just to check on things.... ??????????????

Have a very safe trip home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie
She's actualyl staying at our house (which makes not opening the curtains even more strange, it's got to be getting stinky from the kitty litter smell without the windows open). My neighbours have keys, but since the girl is staying there, they can't exactly barge in!

1 more sleep and we're going home!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

She's actualyl staying at our house (which makes not opening the curtains even more strange, it's got to be getting stinky from the kitty litter smell without the windows open). My neighbours have keys, but since the girl is staying there, they can't exactly barge in!

1 more sleep and we're going home!
They can go in if you say they can. It's weird that she never opens the blinds, I'd be checking up on her making sure no parties are happening there, or anything else not kosher if you catch my drift.