Tiger Cookie, my new stray

jeamy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's turning out to be the sweetest little thing. I've had her for a little over 48 hours now. I thought I'd try and find her a home with someone else, but I think I'll just keep her. Now I'm wondering how all you people who work in rescue manage to give up those wonderful babies?

Tiger Cookie; TC for short:

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She looks so scrawny!
Thank goodness she's got a home & she's being fed now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeamy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is scrawny. But she's already gaining weight; I've been weighing her every morning. And she loves her food. Right now she's getting about 3 times as much as the other cats do a day. I leave dry out for her all the time, as I don't want her to be without food if she decides she wants it. But then I've been feeding her canned a few times a day, she eats about 3 ounces of that each time. I'm thinking I need to buy stock in the pet food company, she's eating so much.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she's in a purrfect home now! When I used to volunteer at a shelter, I wanted to take home every animal there!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG she is ADORABLE!!!!!!! I still can't get it out of my head that this poor kitty was eating sand and "plant matter" to survive.

I am SO glad she found her way into your home - and your heart! What a beautiful girl!
(Though it really is heart-breaking at the same time to see her - what a bag of bones she is! I can't imagine what she looked like two days ago).

Laurie

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BTW - hubby and I used to foster. One of our kitties developed an autoimmune disease so we were forced to stop fostering. Now that he's OK we haven't started fostering again, and I don't think we will. I always found it SO heartbreaking - even when I knew the person we were adopting to. I just can't handle it.
I really admire those who can and do - but you really have to have the right emotional make up for it. I'm a really giving person - but I guess I'm just not that selfless!

Laurie

jeamy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's what I can't figure out. When I was first talking to my brother on the phone about taking her, I was thinking I'd just get her healthy again, and then find a good home for her. But just like with my kitties, I fell for her so fast. Now I don't think I could trust anyone with her! My sister-in-law was telling me she was thinking about keeping her, except of course my brother is allergic, so she can't; but when she mentioned it, I was even thinking, uhuh! I don't even trust my own family right now with her. No one is going to love her like I do. :p

For now I'm telling anyone who askes that I'm fostering her for my nephew, and when he grows up in 15 years, then I'll send her to live with him.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The poor little thing!
She looks so skinny!
She's probably eating everything in sight because she is "stocking" up for when the food runs out again

Thank you so much for giving her a home and a chance at regular food, shelter and lots of love

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww she is a beautiful girly! She needs lots of TLC!

Shes a lucky girl to have you now, shes going to be so spoiled!

Make sure to share more photos of Tiger Cookie as she fills out

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely girl...I could never give them up either.

You will probably have to watch her and maybe put her on some kind of feeding schedule once she's got some meat on her bones. My experience has been that some kitties, once they've been starved, never give up that habit of eating everything they can get their paws on.

My two still act like every meal is their last and the food's been coming like clockwork for a year now

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is a pretty cat with really pretty colors. When she gets filled out and healthy she will be a really beautiful cat.

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

but I guess I'm just not that selfless!

Laurie
I don't think that you were being selfish. You just fell in love with your kitties! I would like to see someone try to take on of my babies away from me!
You just couldn't help falling in love with your sweet little kitties!

I would like to foster too but I just now that I would be in the same situation!
I would be so broken hearted to let any of them go! Especially if they were as sweet as little Tiger Cookie looks!!!
You are doing a wonderful job with her!! And she will probably turn out to be such a sweet loving kitty because you rescued her!!

jeamy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.
I'm just so proud of her. I don't really even know her yet, but she sure can make me smile. I just gave her a bath, and she didn't appreciate that. But afterwards she curled up in my lap while she groomed herself, so I guess she's forgiven me for it.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jamie - so glad that you have decided to keep her. I kinda thought you would!

She is a sack of bones! But you can see that she will be a gorgeous calico when she puts on some weight.

Keep us posted!

BTW - it is very hard to foster and to work in a shelter or rescue. I have fallen in love countless times and cry when my favorite ones find homes. But I feel it is important work, so I keep doing it and try to do my best for the kitties while they are in my care. sigh....