What's for Christmas dinner tonight?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Betcha nobody is having meatloaf, like us!
There are only the 2 of us, and we're not crazy about turkey. I originally decided on breaded chicken breast cutlets, with mushroom cream gravy, but I got lazy. Luckily, DH loves my meatloaf! We're having mashed potatoes, baby carrots, green beans from the garden (frozen), croissants. DH accidentally bought a sweet potato pie last night, instead of pumpkin, which I didn't like, so dessert is a scavenger hunt (no stores are open). Also, we went out to dinner last night, and just haven't been very hungry the past few days (a first for me...).

The cats got their special dinners and treats. At least they don't expect dessert!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having a roast turkey that mom bought us and mashed potatoes, green beans corn and cresent rolls for desert we are having another white out cake
( I didnt even get a piece of the last one)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We had ours several hours ago: roast duck with orange sauce, potato dumplings, cranberry sauce, and a big mixed salad. I would've cooked a turkey, but that would've been too much for two people. As it is, we'll be eating leftovers tomorrow. Dessert was provided by my mother-in-law: Black Forest Cake, and all sorts of cookies. She's absolutely the best baker in the world (no wonder I rarely bake anymore). I'm allergic to cherries, but I picked them out.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok well it's Boxing day morning, but we are having my uncle, aunt and grandma over for lunch. So for mains we've got turkey breast, ham, potato salad, roast potato/sweet potato, gravy, walnut & apple stuffing and green salad.

The father doesn't accept alcohol in the household even though there's a few drinkers so we've got mango/orange juice, ice water, waterfords mineral water (apple/berry & melon/mango) and sparkling grape juice.

For dessert and snacky things we have apple pie, my individual trifles, pudding, fruit cake, ice cream, custard, nuts (shelled and unshelled), mixed lollies, choc praline balls. I don't think i've missed anything

Something for everyone

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We'll be doing the official Christmas dinner tomorrow (Boxing Day), since stepson and his SO are at her folks' today. The bird is on ice in the garage, and it will be the full turkey deal, with garlic mash, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans, gravy, followed by plum pudding and jubilee sauce, etc. etc. etc.

While the "official" happens tomorrow, today is, after all, still Christmas Day, so there will be a small baked ham, scalloped potatoes, harvard beets, and assorted pastries for dessert. We're having a (mostly) lazy day today, but still want a nice meal.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After visiting with family, Will and I went out to a chinese buffet, not very traditional, but very good!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Sister-in-law made our Christmas supper. We had pork, rolls, slaw, small potatoes cooked with onions and carrots, broccoli casserole, and for dessert we had Key Lime Pie. All of it was YUMMY!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

Lasagna, and no i'm not one bit Italian.
Lmao. Neither am i, and i make one mean chicken & spinach lasagna. Beats any lamb/beef ones i've ever had! *drools*

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We do our big dinner on Christmas Eve and had prime rib (it was okay, but I'm not really sure why everyone loves that
) this delicious hashbrown casserole my Mom makes (even had it at my wedding!), green bean casserole, homemade mac-n-cheese and shrimp! for appetizers we had spinach dip and spicy sausage cream cheese dip.

For today we had ham and rotini salad as well as the leftover shrimp, spinach dip and sausage dip!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Porterhouse steak , fried potatos with onion s garlic and red bell peppers , salad and broiled red peppers

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner! LOL....umm we didnt have a dinner tonite, we just did a christmas lunch at my moms. It consisted of: turkey, dressing, mashed taters and gravy, corn, rolls, green bean casserole.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had an awesome dinner tonight!
I'm soo greatful!!

Here's a list of all the foods everyone brought/had. christmas was at my house this year (i hosted), we had a big pot luck:

Ham (i made it!
it turned out lovely!!!)
Corn Cassarole
Reeses Peanutbutter Bars
Divinity
Coconut Pinefours
Cookies of every flavor and size!
Pecan Pie
Cheese Balls
Fried Turkey (it was awesome!!!
)
Wheat rolls
Green Bean Cassarole
Potato Cassarole
Baked Beans
Little Smokies wrapped in bacon
Little Smokes in sauce
Homemade hot chocolate
7 layer taco dip
Deviled Ham dip

(i'm sure i'm forgetting something! we had a very great meal and a wonderful time together. i am soo greatful for all of the good food we had -it was wonderful!
)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh full full full. My father sat the ham and turkey right in front of me, i told him he needed to eat lots of ham and leave me turkey, but he ignored me and said the ham was too chewy for him!!

Why did i decide to only eat fowl/seafood? lol

My grandma brought over a cake her neighbour made. Imagine a chocolate cake with what looks like icing sprinkled with red and green coloured sugar grains! But the icing is...white chocolate!!!!

Happy tummy, unhappy waist

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday as it was Christmas I made a big breakfast, lots of scrambled eggs, bacon and toast with oj, and two cups of tea each!

we relaxed after the big breakfast got ready and went to one of my good friends house as she invited us for christmas lunch! She made Maccaroni al Ragu`, Maybe the Americans dont know it but its just thick spaghetti with a thicker bolognese sauce. She is pure italian so it was delicious!

For Dessert I had Baked a Chocolate cake (with another type of baileys in it) and she provided Panettone. After that lunch we were so full we werent able to eat anything untill about 9pm and she provided left over goose they had eaten the day before, i only had to have a small bite as i didnt like it very much. So thats all we ate yesterday!!

Now for boxing day it has to be something with meat and potatoes and my left over cake as i baked two

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had ham, sweet potatoes, green bean salad, and 2 other salads.... It was Christmas at my in laws so it was their traditional meal. At home we have ham, salad, potato salad, rolls, and my uncle makes cheese cake.... I kind like that better. On Christmas Eve, I took my first shot at making a turkey. It was ok... I know I can do better next time.