Help!

lanners

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So Joe has learned he can climb over the baby gate.
Short of buying a new gate or putting him in the laundry room all day, any ideas on how to deter this behavior or rig the gate to make it impossible?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, you want Joe to stay put in one place? I'm afraid a cat may not be the right pet for you.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how exactly to explain it, but we have a cat fence in the backyard, and basically it leans "inward" so the cats can't climb over it. Some fences like that use netting. Maybe you could rig some netting because they can almost always climb something "rigid".

Oh - one other thing...we have a tree they climb, and I put stick tape on it, which seemed to deter them...

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh please don't use netting - if they get caught in it (and go crazy) I can imagine all kinds of awful things happening, not the least of which is a struggle to leave that ends up with net tightening around their necks.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is it you are keeping Joe safe or away from? Could you rig up a screen door type thing? Cats will climb so it may be tricky.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lanners

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have to keep Joe upstairs during the day because my grandmother can't watch him and he's still little. If he were a bit older then it wouldn't be a big deal to let him down. I think we're going to try plexie glass attached to the baby gate to keep him from having something to grasp on to. any other suggestions? Maybe smells? Thanks!

Lanners

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lanners

We have to keep Joe upstairs during the day because my grandmother can't watch him and he's still little. If he were a bit older then it wouldn't be a big deal to let him down. I think we're going to try plexie glass attached to the baby gate to keep him from having something to grasp on to. any other suggestions? Maybe smells? Thanks!

Lanners
Good idea about the plexiglass. I don't know why it's ok to do the netting outside and not inside, but I totally agree. Maybe if a professional installs it, it works ok on the fence. Don't do netting, my bad.