they have arrived!!!!! birth story and pics

ellamaeellamae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sorry i havent been on earlier, its been so hectic what with the birth and xmas and all that!

anyway. on friday (as i said) Gismo had her babies! it was a good job i was here as she didnt have a clue what to do bless her! luckily i had read some info on here of what to do if you need to intervene. (thank you for that info)

well i went out on friday after posting on here to see my nan for her birthday. anyway, wasnt very long as i had a feeling Gismo needed me! when i got in i got the kids sorted and ran up to my room. gismo came out the wardrobe to greet me and i stroked her. i then realised that she had a lot of blood coming from her bum. so i had a look in the wardrobe and on the towel was a little kitten! still in the sack with the placenta attached! i tried to get Gismo interested and to lick the sack of etc, but she was having none of it!

after trying to get Gismo interested for a little while i had to do something. so i got a towel and started to rub off the sac, i rubbed the kitten and it was breathing! when it started to meow Gismo came over and looked interested so i put the kitten on her belly and she started to lick it!! then she just walked off and started cleaning her self!

i put the kitten near the radiator to keep it warm and went to see gismo. she was contracing hard! this went on for anout 20 mins then stopped! she finally went over to the kitten and licked it clean (i had to tie off the cord though for her) i could still feel something squirming about inside so i knew there was more to come! it took a while but i finally got the first kitten to feed off her.

then about 4 hours later she had number 2! Gismo was so tired she just birthed it on the floor then jumped on my bed and fell asleep! again she didnt lick the kitten so i had to clean it all for her.

i then layed both the kittens on her and they started to feed! i nearly cried when she accepted them!
she is doing really well now and is such a good mum. she hardly leaves them and you rarely hear them cry!
they are both identical apart from colour. one is fluffy and grey and one is fluffy and black

her are some pics (hope i added them right)

thank you for all your help and advice
emma

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww a cute little blue and black kitten. But what is the light looking weird thing in the picture next to her face?????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ellamaeellamae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
its her collar with id tag on. the kittens have been trying to bite it so it has come out of the buckel bit

4blueyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How cute! Glad you were able to help! Congrats on your christmas kitties!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks I thought "that can't be a leg" but it looked so weird. You might consider keeping the collar off mom for awhile

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Thanks I thought "that can't be a leg" but it looked so weird. You might consider keeping the collar off mom for awhile
Thats what I thought too, like what is that strange body part?

Kittens are ADORABLE!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness they are so cute!!!

It was lucky you were there to help!!
You did a good job and it sounds like she did too!!
Enjoy them, they get big too fast...

Keep us posted!
& Merry Christmas

missme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want more kittens...is it wrong to want to give my little kitten at least one root before he gets desexed?

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Missme - yes, it is, and it could also end up in frustrating him once he has been neutered, never mind the overpopulation problem we have at the moment. It is much kinder to neuter your little boy before he becomes sexually mature (and starts spraying in your house).

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha thats why she was so small! It just dawned on me as I was reading some other older threads that this was the kitty!! She only had two, thats why she was so small!!