I hate not having money for Christmas.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just hate this time of year when I have NO money to spend. I got my husband all of 2 gifts that totaled all of maybe $40. There is so much more I want to get him. We've had to slim down our Christmas list to me, DH, MIL (who is getting money put towards new tires after the next pay...woohoo
) and our nieces and nephews. I just hate it. Even in the grocery store, there are things I want to get..."oh, MIL would LOVE that", or "that cheeseball would be great if someone stopped by"...

This is the first time in 4 years I've been in the Christmas mood, and I CAN'T AFFORD IT!!!!!

I know Christmas isn't about gifts, but I love giving. And, I can't this year. I don't care if I get anything in return, but I feel terrible if I do get something and have nothing to give them. Sorry, I'm just a little down right now. Anyone else feel this way?

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry
I know how ya feel though I had this big wonderful christmas planned out for when we got our loan money then I got to watch it go down the drain when I lost my job I am constantly seeing something I wanted to buy someone and then remembered I dont have the money though I did buy for dh my brother and my mom...a few small things for the cats dogs and bird
but I was stopped there on the bright side I guess there is always next year

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

Im sorry
I know how ya feel though I had this big wonderful christmas planned out for when we got our loan money then I got to watch it go down the drain when I lost my job I am constantly seeing something I wanted to buy someone and then remembered I dont have the money though I did buy for dh my brother and my mom...a few small things for the cats dogs and bird
but I was stopped there on the bright side I guess there is always next year
That's true...I'm hoping to win the lottery before next Christmas. Oh, wait...you gotta play to win don't you? Oh well, I'm out of luck!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do know how you feel. Christmas has always been about giving for me. The last few years I haven't been able to (part time job, full time school). At first it really bothered me, but I am okay with it now. I will get a great job this coming year and will be able to participate a bit more next year.
My family loves me anyway, thank goodness

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
this yr my work is busy like yrs past but not the $$ coming in so I am putting the breaks on all non essentail spending

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You mean there are people out there who have money for Christmas? Wow. Wonder what that is like....
I totally understand how you feel. I am a full time student that has credit card debt coming out of my nose! I had to put all of my school on credit cards because they don't do student loans and I didn't qualify for any financial aid. One more semester......

I can't imagine having kids to buy for....

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have four kids to buy for.And with sick kids, I can understand where you are coming from.
Sending your way that things get better.

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would trade you spots in a minute. Having no family this time of year just sucks. Just be glad you have people around you who love you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spyral

I would trade you spots in a minute. Having no family this time of year just sucks. Just be glad you have people around you who love you.
You're absolutely right.
While I don't have my parents, I do have a wonderful husband and his family. Thank you for reminding me of that.

And you have your new extended "cat crazy" family here!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are right - its NOT about the presents, how much you can give, what you give - its about God/Jesus and what is in your heart.

Since you don't have money, why not make something yourself - like cookies, fudge, etc. and give that from your heart to those people you don't have a gift for. Believe me it will be special cause it took time on your part and its made with "love"

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you stop and count what you have and compare that to what some people dont have in this world, like no food, no water, no family, and no life, things dont look so bad after all. My best mates girlfriend mentioned to me the other night that all he has ever bought her for birthdays and Christmas for the last five years since the have been together, was blue-tack, and sellotape, because she likes making art stuff he thought that was good enough, she never complained once to him though. This year I took him to town and helped in choose some things with a little more thought into it

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how it is hon. I can't get my family anything for Christmas because I have no money. I hope things get better for you.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know just how you feel, but you are so lucky to have family around you. My family lives in NY and we live in CA and airfare for 4 is just too expensive and frustrating at this time.
I never had much money growing up. I didn't grow up on the wrong side of the tracks. But I did grow up next to the tracks and the other side of the tracks was the Hudson River.
We cut back this year because of Jenny's tuition. But, my hubby, daughter and son are all here and that is the best present!