My cats hurt my feelings LOL,,,

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The other day I was getting cat food and litter and some other stuff I needed, well I find a nice cat tree thing on sale cheap. Its real nice with a little house on the bottom, a pole with rope wraped around it with a round platform on top of it with a ball hanging from it. I put it all together thinking that Cozmo and Angel would love it, well they checked it out for about 30 seconds and that was it.

Why do they have to be into everything that is not for them but when I buy them something nice they could care less??
Cozmo had more fun with the big plastic bag it came in than the tree itself. I guess that is part of what makes them cats.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so true! Maia loves plastic bags, she loves to thread herself threw the handles! I always give her every bag that enters the home after unpacking... She does love some of her toys, but something so personable as a cat tree, she would completely ignore!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww that's too bad
Maybe if you scent it with catnip or put a favorite toy on it, one or both will investigate? It sounds like a great tree!

If the still don't like it, maybe make one out of cardboard boxes

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have what sounds like the same exact kitty condo. Holden loved it when he was small, but now ignores it. He totally tore the ball off so I went and put a string on it with two plastic golf balls attached to either end. he ignores it completely now..lol

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put it by a window so they can sit on it to look out, positioning is everything to cats! It will become much more interesting

red scathach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All of my cats ignored the kitty condo until we put it by a window... how they are constantly on it, the kittens practically live in it. Maybe keeping it by a window would help attract kitty to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I put it by the window on my computer desk and Cozmo was laying on it this morning. He just sat down on it again as I write this.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup - second (or third?) the motion - put it next to a window. Even better, buy a suction cup bird feeder, and put that out the window. Cat TV with a lounger!

Also - rubbing it with catnip (or buying the catnip spray) will probably spark their interest too.

Laurie

...and I know I sound like an old fuddy duddy with the warnings, but PLEASE be so careful of plastic bags! Cats are attracted to them because of the noise and substance they're usually processed with - but they can be VERY dangerous - especially the handles. We only give our kitties paper bags (no handles) and boxes to play with. Flowerbelle got her head into the handle of a plastic bag once, and FREAKED out. She nearly strangled herself and peed everywhere in fear before we could stop her running around and get her untangled.

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will be moving it in front of the sliding glass doors in the living room today!

I am pretty leery of leaving anything around that he can get into trouble with. Although, as he gets older he is able to get into more and more things.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Yup - second (or third?) the motion - put it next to a window. Even better, buy a suction cup bird feeder, and put that out the window. Cat TV with a lounger!

Also - rubbing it with catnip (or buying the catnip spray) will probably spark their interest too.

Laurie

...and I know I sound like an old fuddy duddy with the warnings, but PLEASE be so careful of plastic bags! Cats are attracted to them because of the noise and substance they're usually processed with - but they can be VERY dangerous - especially the handles. We only give our kitties paper bags (no handles) and boxes to play with. Flowerbelle got her head into the handle of a plastic bag once, and FREAKED out. She nearly strangled herself and peed everywhere in fear before we could stop her running around and get her untangled.
My cat managed to get his head into the handle of a paper bag once.
He also freaked out. He was running around with the bag on his head. Thankfully he did not pee everywhere. Finally I managed to catch him and get it off him.