Low fat trifle!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well i've never in my life made a trifle, and when i went looking for recipes they all were fully of cream, custard, jelly and chocolate. Now usually i'm a sucker for sweets, but that sounds like a heart attack on a stick! So i've made my very own recipe for individual low fat trifles (i'm putting them in plastic champagne glasses, instead of just a big bowl) (i did a test run on the weekend, a free form trifle with most of the same ingredients, was soo yummy!)

The layers are like this -
sponge fingers
yoghurt
blueberries
yoghurt
mango
yoghurt
walnuts
white chocolate.

The spongefingers are low fat, as is the plain yoghurt. I bought a small bar of cadbury white chocolate and shaved it on the grater (you can use a peeler for long curls), fresh blueberries which i will crush to give that nice colour, and a tin of sliced mangoes in juice (fresh mangoes are really expensive atm, and i can pour the juice onto the biscuits at the bottom).

Oh yes before i layer it all, i'm actually going to whip the yoghurt into a light, fluffy consistency in the mixer so it looks all fancy like cream, but with less guilt

How does it sound? Low fat but delicious?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Now usually i'm a sucker for sweets, but that sounds like a heart attack on a stick!
Ah, but it's Christmas! Wouldn't be the same without mums trifle, with home made full fat custard