How long would your leave your cat alone?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just trying to figure out my Christmas week plans..my mom is here and I will be spending most of my time at my sisters house which is a bit away from here..

How long should I leave Trout unsupervised before I come home and check on her? Food is not an issue because it takes her like 3 days to get through a bowl...its basically just making sure she is okay. I was thinking 24 hours??

What do you guys think?

thanks!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, don't know if this will help...
i'm leaving Wednesday to go 8 hours away, & will be away until Monday [we're driving back that day]. mine will be alone that whole time, with plenty of dry food & water, clean boxes, etc. i do this a couple of times a year, & have yet to have a major problem. i'd prefer having someone check on them, but that's just not an option for me.

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am going to have to make an unexpected trip home (my grandpa died today) and I will be leaving mine alone the whole time, plenty of water, a bistro feeder, clean litter box. At least they will be alone if my husband can go with me, otherwise he will be home to take care of them.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Showing cats, I've left the cats alone with plenty of food/water from a Friday nite/early Saturday morning to late Sunday nite with no problems

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Next weekend, we're going to the boyfriend's parents house and leaving the cats alone from Friday evening, until later Sunday night. I just make sure they have plenty of food and clean water, and make sure the litterbox is clean and they'll be fine. I think we've left them alone Friday morning to Sunday night and they've been fine.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
24 hours is my max without someone checking up on them. I have left them longer before (from saturday morning to sunday evening) but would not do that now. When my Magpie died it made me realise how awful it would be if it had happened while I was away and he'd lay dying on the floor for 2 days. At the moment I wouldn't actually leave them for 24 hours because Mosi is too lively to be left unsupervised for that long, but I would risk 24 hours with older cats.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, don't know if this will help...
i'm leaving Wednesday to go 8 hours away, & will be away until Monday [we're driving back that day]. mine will be alone that whole time, with plenty of dry food & water, clean boxes, etc. i do this a couple of times a year, & have yet to have a major problem. i'd prefer having someone check on them, but that's just not an option for me.
Well, that all depends on if you like your wallpaper!

I have left them about 24 hours. They are all pretty mature...well, except Smudge, and they tend to just sleep all the time anyway.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Well, that all depends on if you like your wallpaper!
true... i think that happened either when i was gone for Christmas, or possibly the year i had my surgery.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've left mine for 2 days before with plenty of water and lots of dry food. That's the absolute maximum for me.