Trout! Why do you have to wreck EVERYTHING!?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout is such a little scamp...

She HAS to push anything and everything off of my coffee table at all times..then when she gets the said items onto the floor..she either just leaves it alone (knocks it down for no good reason)..or tries to dig underneath it into the carpet
Of course followed by biting and clawing the item...

She has like 576 toys....what the heck is wrong with her??

I always ask her outloud.."why do you have to wreck everything!?!?"

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy to know that Gracie isn't the only one who does this.
I guess that's there way of telling us that we shouldn't have anything on the coffee table

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Flowerbelle is just like Trout! The difference? Flowerbelle clearly does it when she wants our attention.
She'll stand on a table, look at us, start pushing something around the table with her paw - and look at us. If we don't get up and come over to play with her (which we don't, because we don't want her to think that doing this gets her attention) - she'll push it off!
Then she starts on the next item. We learned very early not to leave anything on any surface that she can get onto that we don't want broken!

Laurie

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ophelia does the same thing. She has to knock everything off. Thankfully I broke her of the habit of spraying the item after she knocked it off.

I chalked it up to her being a psychopath.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Flowerbelle is just like Trout! The difference? Flowerbelle clearly does it when she wants our attention.
She'll stand on a table, look at us, start pushing something around the table with her paw - and look at us. If we don't get up and come over to play with her (which we don't, because we don't want her to think that doing this gets her attention) - she'll push it off!
Then she starts on the next item. We learned very early not to leave anything on any surface that she can get onto that we don't want broken!

Laurie
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Ophelia does the same thing. She has to knock everything off. Thankfully I broke her of the habit of spraying the item after she knocked it off.

I chalked it up to her being a psychopath.
Ben is known to climb tables, cabinets, wall bookcase etc.. for attention. Thanks to DH he knows he will get food when he does this. With me he gets yelled at. One can't break the habit if the other enforces it.