biggest pet peeve?

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your biggest pet peeve... the one thing that you have absolutely no tolerance for?

I have two...people who chew with their mouth open and smack their lips while doing so

and people who think they are better then everyone else

Im curious to see what everyone else's is...

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My biggest pet peeve is John not caring if he gets in bed after spending the day under a car and is covered in grease and gasoline... I'm slightly OCD about keeping the bed clean so it bugs me a lot.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with you, brandi, someone smacking and chomping drives me out of my mind.
The absolute topper is someone who gnaws their fingernails. I can't be in the same room with someone doing it, I have to leave or tell them how gross and disgusting it is. Just the thought of it grosses me out.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definately mouth noises. If I can I walk out of the room. It's worst when I am PMSing.

I also don't like when people can't look you in the face when talking to you. You don't have to stare but at least glance now and then.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bad hygiene is my biggest pet peeve..I will actually gag if I can notice bad hygiene in any way on a person

Also people that talk on their cell phones while dealing with a cashier/bank teller/etc...really..you can't ackowledge that there is a human being in front of you??? So rude.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Also people that talk on their cell phones while dealing with a cashier/bank teller/etc...really..you can't ackowledge that there is a human being in front of you??? So rude.
When I worked at the bank our boss told us we didn't have to wait on them until they got off the phone. I loved that.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My biggest pet peeve is, when working high end support for a software firms , the customer contact would not listen to the correct answer to solve their problems which led to more problems. They never read the manuals.

My second peeve is men who talk to my chest and not to my face.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My biggest, universal pet pet peeve is people with closed minds.

My biggest in daily life is radios at work. I have the pleasure of listening to two from different corners of the office and I hear every little tone coming from them. People tell me there is no way I can hear it, but I can. Drives me looney and usually makes for a bad work day. How do you not hear something?

Second daily is people who talk too darned loud for the environment they are in at the moment. No need to yell at me if you are just 10 feet away. Sheesh!

Okay, done complaining now

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can not stand the sound of someone eating. Even with their mouths closed! I've been known to holler at my husband from a different room because I could hear him eating. He swears he had his mouth closed, but IIICCKKKKKKKKKK!

My junior year of HS I had a guy sit next to me in Chemistry that would crunch on a whole pack of mints in one class, every day. It was like nails on a chalk board. I could overlook his bazaar little ritual of using his finger nail to peel off each layer of wrapper and make a little silver pyramid with them, that once he finished the last mint he'd fill the cylinder of paper that surrounded the mints, like a little roll of coins.... At least he had good breath though! (Or so I assume! Never got close enough to tell!)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Bad hygiene is my biggest pet peeve..I will actually gag if I can notice bad hygiene in any way on a person

I hate when people are on their cell phones. It was the worst when I worked at Subway and people used to talk rather than order their subs and it would take forever to get it done.

I have way too many pet peeves.
A lot of people around here are really rude. I have met more rude people in this small city than in big cities like Toronto. Bad drivers really make me mad too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For mie it's mean spirited people who do or say things to intentionally hurt someone.

Another one right up there near the top are cell phones. They have bred a whole new generation of "RUDE" people.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, I'm absolutely sick of the younger generation of people coming into the workforce, who feel 'entitled'. They are LAZY!!! They want the most money they can possibly get, for doing the least amount of work they can possibly do. Then, they aren't satisfied in this job, and leave to go somewhere else, after you've spent 6 months wasting your time training them! What ever happened to "an honest day's work, for an honest day's pay?"

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand it when someone licks their finger to turn pages. Especially if they lick their finger to seperate a paper from a stack and then they hand that paper to me with their spit on it....yucky

Also people who lack basic driving techniques (such as using signals)

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Too many!!

Noisy eaters, bad drivers, men who leave the toilet seat up, people who rub crummy butter back into the tub, people who don't replace the loo roll, people who hate cats for no apparent reason................

I could go on

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My biggest pet peeve people who say they will do one thing but don't. 2 examples:

I am working out in the pecan grove. A woman is out there helping me. She lives close by. She says I'll be right back. I am just gonna go and get some more water. And she never comes back. And never comes back to tell me she is can't come back. Come to find out she went straight to the shop and cashed out with no intentions on coming back.

Freecycle: People who spend half the morning getting directions from you to pick something up. Then after that try to convience you to met them in town to pick them up. And when that does work instead of just saying I changed my mind I can'y go pick it up. They fall off the face of the earth.

Oh and one more. People with no sense of responibilty. This kinda goes with the pecan thing. I know picking up pecans its not a fun job. But if you get out there the first day and find out its not for you then just stop going. Because if you drive the other workers nuts because you are terrified of young female cows you will be fired. And she was.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At work, my biggest pet peeve is people who gossip and/or start rumors. Certain people will try to "fill me in" on what is going on with so-and-so...why she got written up, what's going on at home, "I think she's cheating on her husband", etc. I REALLY DON"T CARE!!! If that person wants me to know something, that person will tell me herself.

I just think it is incredibly rude to talk and speculate about someone, first of all. All I can say is people like that must have a very sad and boring life if everyone else's life is so much more interesting. And yes, I have told a few people that before walking away.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

I know picking up pecans its not a fun job. But if you get out there the first day and find out its not for you then just stop going. Because if you drive the other workers nuts because you are terrified of young female cows you will be fired. And she was.
HaHaHa!!!

Driving people nuts in a pecan grove....thats a good one!!!!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

HaHaHa!!!

Driving people nuts in a pecan grove....thats a good one!!!!
In hindsight its funny but not at the time. Drive my car into the middle of the cow field with her so she does not have to walk or take her van out there. Work out there for not even 30mins then ask me to drive her back to the gate because she needs her inhaler. That I could see. Until I cash in for the day and the owner said she went and cashed out. Then see her 20mins later at the store and she said the only reason she left was because of the cows. For whatever reason she is terrified of cows.

I mean outside of that she is a nice woman. She has been to my house a few times. And I felt bad when they told her not to come back. But it just became obvious she did not wanna be there.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
people who don't pay attention to their driving... like signs, speed limits, etc. too busy talking on the phone, or to passengers, or changing the radio station, getting the straw into their drink, etc..