Chicken Soup & Stinky-ness

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately I have been feeding Chloe Chicken Soup Kitten and Mattie the Chicken Soup for adults and both of their poo just *stinks*. Now, it's possible that the cat litter I'm using is making this worse (Arm & Hammer Super Clump, Fragrance Free) and I've never used it before. I really do think it's the food though.

1. Have other people experienced this with Chicken Soup?

2. What ingredient in Chicken Soup is likely to be the cause if it is the food?

I've never had this issue with Nutro, Solid Gold, Natural Balance, or Wellness. I don't plan on buying the Chicken Soup stuff again because neither one seems to care for it really but I am curious.

Here are the ingredients for the kitten formula:
Chicken, salmon, chicken liver, turkey, duck, chicken broth, whole grain brown rice, whole grain white rice, oatmeal, potatoes, barley, egg product, guar gum, flaxseed, kelp, carrots, peas, apples, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake, dried chicory root, taurine, vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, thiamin mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, biot

Reg:
Chicken, salmon, chicken liver, turkey, duck, chicken broth, whole grain brown rice, whole grain white rice, oatmeal, potatoes, barley, egg product, guar gum, flaxseed, kelp, carrots, peas, apples, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake, dried chicory root, taurine, vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, thiamin mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, biotin, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfite (source of vitamin K), copper sulfate, calcium iodate, and sodium selenite.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some folks have had this problem with Chicken Soup, my cats are the weird ones in that Nutro is what did it to them

it might not be anything specific causing the stinkiness, just the general recipe/combo of ingredients.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Some folks have had this problem with Chicken Soup, my cats are the weird ones in that Nutro is what did it to them

it might not be anything specific causing the stinkiness, just the general recipe/combo of ingredients.
Ok, I feel better. I thought maybe it was all in my head, but it is definitely noticeably stinkier.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know many cats that do very well on Chicken Soup, even my own. I fed it for a very long time, it brought out the richeness in colors and helped weight and overall appearance. I thought it was a good food.

But not every food works best for every cat

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
usually I suspect duck and milk but I think both are in the reg NB so it must be the combo