Monthly Cat Expenses

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if this is the right spot (so feel free to move to the correct part of the forum..)

I'm curious to see how much $ people spend each month on food and litter? Not counting vet expenses, medicine, toys, grooming, etc.

How many cats do you have?
How much do you spend a month on food?
How much do you spend a month on cat litter?

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 10 cats....

I go through one 20lbs thing of litter a week, so thats about... 80 bucks a month

I have 3 differant kinds of cat foods in my house (some of my cats require special diets) soooo.... I'd say somewhere around 50 dollars a month give or take. My diabetics food is the most expensive. I get it at cost and its still 25 dollars for an 8lb bag...

So the grand total is about 130 dollars just for litter and food....

medications is a whole other story....

molly158

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have four cats and spend about $40 on litter and $40 on food. I have to use SO Royal Canin for one because of urinary problems so they all eat it. Vet bills-well that is another area as well.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, looks like this is going to vary. I go through 1 arm and hammer box of litter a month so that's $15 and I go through about 1-1.5 bags of food at 20 dollars a bag lets say $25 dollars, and with wet at about 1 large can a week for cello thats another $12 for a grand total of $52/month for 2 cats.

They of course get a new toy everytime I go into the store haha, or on ebay for that matter plus I won't go into the vet costs i've incurred, but hell. On paper it looks good!

HAPPY HOLIDATS!

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i have 1 cat. dry food will cost me about $15 dollars. wet food costs $18 dollars a month, and litter will be about $18 dollars as well. so all in all about $50 dollars a month is spent on food and litter, and then of course everytime i go to buy all that stuff he has to get toys and treats too. and of course the vet bills, but so far the expenses have just been for neutering and shots, not too much.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 5 cats. I spend about $40 per month on litter. For dry food (Innova), I spend another $40 or so, and canned food (Innova/Wellness/California Natural) is almost $50. Grand total = $130 per month.

Gosh, that sounds like a lot - I guess I haven't really added it up in awhile! And that doesn't even touch the vet bills.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One bag of Premium Edge costs $20 and that lasts one month roughly.

One bag of litter costs $5.89 (I use wood stove pellets).

So about $25/month and I have 6 cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really have no idea what I spend.
I have 2 cats. They eat wet food every night and dry food in the morning, and I've been completely changing the litter boxes every week or every week and a half but I'm going to stop doing this as often.

Wet food costs vary, but it's between $50-80 a month depending on what I buy. Dry food is maybe $20 a month? Litter is between $20-40 I guess.

So that means my total is $90-$140.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One cat ...

Zoey eats two types of food ... so 20-30 a month there - the fact I get a few free bags a yr.. her canned is about 10 a month .. litter 7.50 ish a month ( mostly feline pine scoop)...

so about 50 for one girl

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 kittens, minimum cost would be at least $130

$45 4kg (8lb) RC dry food lasts 4-5 months
$100-150 raw meat
Eagle pack wet once or twice a week = $16-$36/month

Litter, around $36 each month

Add to that toys, treats, show fees, grooming products......

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spend about £55 (approx $110) on food and litter for 2 cats. I feed mainly wet food which makes it expensive. Total spend per month including insurance, toys, worm/flea treatment, toys, treats etc. is about £100 a month

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going say 70$ a month on can food. Hard to keep track with 2 people shopping for 7 cats. Dry food runs 16$ and last maybe 1.5 months. The litter we buy in bulk. We get 3-5 40lbs boxes every 3-4months at $8 a box.

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have one cat.

How much do you spend a month on food? dry about $20 canned about $18

How much do you spend a month on cat litter? about $15

Vet bills are not an issue yet. He is still a youngin' and has yet to go get neutered. He will soon though.

karebearcasey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
4 cats, though i only buy for the 3 kittens, my mother feeds damian

one 27 pound tub of litter a month at $13

hard food i think is about $20 a month

wet food, i think about $60 a month

so that makes $93 a month for the three of them

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, tough question

Just bought a bag of EVO at $18, will last two weeks. Wet food for Seb varies from $.65 for kitty crack to $1.59 for the expensive cans he wastes by not eating them

Also bought WBCL litter today for first time at $12 for the small bag and a box of Arm & Hammer to mix with it at $8.

Sooooo ..... Looks like somewhere around $75 for the two of them?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

I'm not sure if this is the right spot (so feel free to move to the correct part of the forum..)

I'm curious to see how much $ people spend each month on food and litter? Not counting vet expenses, medicine, toys, grooming, etc.

How many cats do you have?
How much do you spend a month on food?
How much do you spend a month on cat litter?
Since Raven died our expenses have stayed mostly the same, since Nabu is insisting on FF Medleys for food. He won't eat anything else at the moment.

2 Cats

About $60 on canned food. Sometimes less. Depends on sales and what they like at the time. I buy dry food every 2 months and that is about $15 for a 6-10lb bag.

Cat litter- went back to Special Kitty scoop due to inconsistencies with the other litter we were using. $12 a month.