Saw Sweeney Todd today

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it is much bloodier than the stage production. Johnny Depp sings okay but Helena Bomhman Carter, not so well, and she is not Angela Lansbury who played the part in the Broadway production I saw.
The supporting actors sing well.
Johnny Depp is wearing eye makeup again and he has those beautiful lips.
He really does deserve that best actor nomination for the film.
Alan Rickman (aka Snape in Harry Potter movies) was good in his part as the evil judge.
I thought the scenery was really great at depicting London at the time.
Bottom line: If you like Depp, Bonhmam Carter and Tim Burton you won't be disappointed. If you don't like gore, you may not like it.
I think that Burton and Bonham Carter are "engaged" and she just had their second baby.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Well, it is much bloodier than the stage production. Johnny Depp sings okay but Helena Bomhman Carter, not so well, and she is not Angela Lansbury who played the part in the Broadway production I saw.
The supporting actors sing well.
Johnny Depp is wearing eye makeup again and he has those beautiful lips.
He really does deserve that best actor nomination for the film.
Alan Rickman (aka Snape in Harry Potter movies) was good in his part as the evil judge.
I thought the scenery was really great at depicting London at the time.
Bottom line: If you like Depp, Bonhmam Carter and Tim Burton you won't be disappointed. If you don't like gore, you may not like it.
I think that Burton and Bonham Carter are "engaged" and she just had their second baby.
Yeah. Carter and Burton did just have a baby this week. Johnny Depp sings? Ican't imagine that. Never saw the stage production with Lansbury, but wasn't Len Cariou the lead in that? I Love Alan Rickman, though!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This movie got glowing reviews today (or was it yesterday) in the Wall Street Journal.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw it on Friday night, and then again tonight (Saturday). I'm a huge Tim Burton-Johnny Depp fan, so I've been waiting for this for FOREVER, and I wasn't disappointed. Johnny surprisingly can sing (IMO), and I liked the singing voices of everyone else, but that's probably not saying much, because I think I'm tone-deaf. I'll like a certain song when everyone else is complaining that the singer is hitting all the wrong keys, lol. But anyhoo.

I think my favorite song was Sweeny and Mrs Lovett doing A Little Priest. I love that sound when they sing the same tune together, and the chemistry was great (looked like both actors were having fun)